Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2012, 01:33 PM

93 posts, read 365,083 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I find myself in the market for either a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment, for $700 - $900 in a low crime area (yeah, of course crime can happen anywhere, but...) preferably North Seattle, West Seattle or any areas of South Seattle that don't seem (with all due respect) run down.

The added complication for me is that i have pets, 3 cats. Of the places I've checked out so far, they only accept 2 cats - but if i find a "keeper" i'm willing to try and talk them into letting me stay with 3, but i haven't found any "keepers" worth the effort yet.

The nature of my work allows me to work different jobs and as such, I'll be working in Seatac area, Boeing area and West Seattle area - so ideally i'm looking for something not too far from either.

I'm facing a potential relationship break-up and if things go in that direction - I'll have about 3 to 6 months to find a new place, so i want to spend my time wisely - being prepared just in case.

I'm doing the research on Craigslist and the apartment guides - just wanted to throw the word out there in case anyone knows of anything specific.

I don't care about "new" or "remodeled", my priorities would be safety, close to civilization, hopefully spacious rather then small apartments and of course top dog is "pet friendly"

thanks for your time in reading this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 04:42 PM

710 posts, read 1,397,947 times
I am moving next month and I found an apartment on top of Queen Anne hill a week ago while I was visiting for $845. Granted it's small (about 500 sq ft) but it's perfect for me and my cat! Oh and parking included no pet deposit was the icing on the cake!

I checked Seattle Apartments at Seattle Rentals .com - condos, houses and apartment listings and online rental classifieds and craigslist: dallas / fort worth classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events mostly and had a lot of success contacting those people listing. I basically drove around for a day or so to those addresses, and if I liked how it looked on the outside (and the neighbourhood) I gave them a call.

I concentrated on Queen Anne, Ballard, Magnolia, South Lake Union, East/West Lake, Wallingford and Green Lake areas for my search. They are all really nice areas.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:54 AM

84 posts, read 245,811 times
I don't think you are going to find anything decent for that price. Try Bremerton, it's a ferry ride away from downtown Seattle. Your price range will get you a studio apartment in any good neighborhood in Seattle. That same price range will rent you a big house in Bremerton with a yard.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:21 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
If there were $700 - $900 1-2 bedroom apartments in safe, low crime areas of Seattle available there would be a long line of people lined up for them. This is an expensive area.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:26 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,974 times
I'm afraid that for $700-$900, you're not going to find anything more than a small studio apartment in the city. If you want something a little more spacious, you'll be looking at commuting from the suburbs. You might consider Kent, Renton, or Burien for starters. Good luck!

Old 03-05-2012, 12:38 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
In addition to Kent, Renton, Burien... also include Des Moines, Federal Way and maybe even Auburn.

Your real challenge is going to be to find a place that doesn't require a pet deposit and/ or pet rent-- and still be pet-friendly. I remember my friend who is a cat lover having to give his cat to his mom because the place he had in Renton DT charged a high deposit and $125/mo per pet for pet rent.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:05 PM

93 posts, read 365,083 times
thanks so much for the replies everyone!

i did find a few good matches. Lynnwood is a good area for that price range (albeit 2bd's are generally in the low to mid 900s) but i did find some decent 1 bd's in the upper 800s.

I don't mind paying extra for pet deposits - well i take that back, i *do* mind but i'm sort of used to is. Even paying extra $10 for per pet fee every month, i don't like but i can live with. I came across one place where they charge $25 per pet / per month ... ummm "no!".

So at least i have hope that good places while few and far behind, are out there to find.

thanks all !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area