Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2012, 01:19 PM

4 posts, read 13,377 times

Advertisements

After what felt like an eternity of exams and quizes I am finally graduating this May. Hooray!!! So long school. You will not be missed! Currently, I have two great job opportunities and wanted to know which city would be a better financial bang.
  • I was raised in Los Angeles (Not realy interested in returning to L.A)
  • Undergrad in San Diego (Beautiful, but too beachy)
  • Professional school at Michigan (Loved the cool gray weather, just too much snow)
After spending the past 4 years in the midwest I am desperately seeking a return to the west coast. In undergrad, I spent numerous summers with friends in the Bay area (the most gorgeous part of California). I was sold on moving there until two years ago when I did an externship in Seattle. Since then I've been wavering between the two. I know the San Francisco area is pricey, but is Seattle as costly as L.A.???

So I want to know whether job A (San Francisco for 135k) actually a better financial decision than job B (Seattle for 125k)? Both provide medical but nothing toward retirement .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 01:35 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
Housing is definitely pricier in LA than it is here in Seattle. And Seattle housing prices, though higher than many places in the US, look cheap compared to San Francisco. And if you really like cool, grey weather, Seattle's got that, with very little snow( except this morning).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area