Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 06:06 AM

112 posts, read 279,809 times

Advertisements

Anyone on here live in fall city? What kind of business/store would you like to see in the city. Also what do you think could be added to the park or city for something else to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 01:23 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
I'm very familiar with Fall City. I'm not sure what more could be added to the "downtown core" since it's on a very narrow strip of land. The Fall City Roadhouse is pretty good (or was good, it's been awhile) and it has a bed and breakfast thing going on as well. You have a dive bar next to it, and it's always pretty crowded. When you cross the bridge, there's another bar but plenty of land-- I think that would be a better area to expand. The only thing of it is... the flooding. A couple years ago, it stripped the land and some of the houses tilted. Very strange looking, but they filled it in. I'm not sure if there's some civil planning to deal with the flooding, but it can be expected almost every winter.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
I'm very familiar with Fall City. I'm not sure what more could be added to the "downtown core" since it's on a very narrow strip of land. The Fall City Roadhouse is pretty good (or was good, it's been awhile) and it has a bed and breakfast thing going on as well. You have a dive bar next to it, and it's always pretty crowded. When you cross the bridge, there's another bar but plenty of land-- I think that would be a better area to expand. The only thing of it is... the flooding. A couple years ago, it stripped the land and some of the houses tilted. Very strange looking, but they filled it in. I'm not sure if there's some civil planning to deal with the flooding, but it can be expected almost every winter.
Ya i wonder how they are going to prevent the flooding in the future. Im guessing it only floods on the opposite side of downtown core, or else all the businesses would be getting water damage alot and ruining business.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:43 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
Its not unusual to see sandbags lining the properties during winter. What the downtown core has going for it is that its slightly more elevated, but there's also a tributary that sort of runs along the Preston-Fall City RD feeds into the river. It goes on the side of the town and actually has been a problem a couple times. So its not just flooding to worry about but also access. 202 does get shut down every now and then.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:01 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,570 posts, read 81,147,605 times
I lived in Carnation for a while. Is Small Fryes still there? Love that little burger joint but haven't been in a couple of years. Fall City is too small to support much more business, it's really quiet except for summer when they get some people coming to the rivers. Everything people need is pretty close in Issaquah and most pass through it on the way home.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:33 AM

I think small fryes changed its name, not sure though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area