Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:52 PM

69 posts, read 345,428 times

Advertisements

The friends we know absolutely love their weather. They lived in the hot places like FL for many years. They apparently were sick of the tropics. They have no complaints. They even live in the convergence zone. I don't plan to do that if I can help it. Anyway, they don't have any complaints.

One moving book I have says that living nearer to the Sound will keep the temperatures warmer, and also tends to have the kind of cloud cover that burns off by afternoon. There's also minor differences with the city, the concrete holding in some heat so that often times it's 1-2 degrees warmer than other places, and being on hills also makes a minor change in the weather.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:04 PM

52 posts, read 210,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
Have you seen the Phoenix people - They DO complain it's too hot!
OHHH YES, we sure do complain about the summer heat...BC IT IS VERY VERY HOT. I have lived in PHX off and on for 16 years so I am use to it and dont complain about it...its just apart of life! It actually really bothers me a lot to hear people ALWAYS complain about the heat...I just want to slap them upside the head and tell them to get use to it! I guess people just need something to complain about....

Old 10-17-2007, 04:16 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,245,584 times
I say move here from the burgh, and if you find yourself on this board after a few months, years, griping about the weather, then you know how we got here!

Old 10-17-2007, 06:21 PM

409 posts, read 1,830,489 times
Sure, it might be overcast, chilly and drizzly. But it is *green*. Not dark, pine forest green but bright, ridiculous rainbow of green. If you ever find yourself under a gray canopy stop looking up at the sky and start lookin'garound at the plants, grass, trees. You won't miss the blue skies once you discover what happens when it rains like it does here.

And another great thing about the weather is it keeps people away who don't actually like it here. It's easy to live in places like LA and SF to make yourself feel cool by proxy. If you're going to live somewhere like Seattle you have to mean it. This is good for society and culture.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,403 times
Wink Love the weather....strange?

Hi!
I've transplanted here from Orlando , Fl. in April and I have to say that I LOVE the weather! I think that it's all an individualist thing. I hated the heat, and humidity in Florida, and welcomed the rain,and chillier weather here. I'm a bit silly in that I'm a freak for hot beverages. I think that the rain and chilly weather here compliment my plans to get a warm cup of coffee or hot cocoa.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:16 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Pittsburgh and Seattle with similar weather?

I don't think so!

Pittsburgh averages a good 10 degrees hotter in the summer and a good 10 degrees colder in the winter. Your January daytime highs are about the same as our January nighttime lows.

Pittsburgh gets most of it's rain in the summer (thunderstorms) whereas Seattle gets very little summer rain and gets most of it in the winter (drizzle, fog and low clouds).

Pittsburgh gets high humidity in the summer, whereas Seattle typically has low humidity in the summer and high humidity in the winter.

No place in the country has a climate like the Pacific NW coastal regions. London England is a pretty good match - though a bit cooler in the summer.

Ken

Old 10-18-2007, 03:21 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
FYI -

London vs Seattle:

Climatology Comparison for Seattle, WA (98168) - weather.com

Ken

Old 10-20-2007, 02:47 PM

576 posts, read 1,818,566 times
I'm not a transplant, and I hate the weather. It hurts me to think about how much a transplant from a nicer place like California or Hawaii would feel.

Sure, the summers are nice, but they're over in the blink of an eye. Starting sometime in October, the forecast turns to nothing but clouds, rain, clouds, drizzle, and clouds. Repeat for the next 6-7 months; adjust temperatures accordingly. The constant grayish-white sheet hovering above us is just not something you can get used to.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:08 PM

573 posts, read 1,452,001 times
I lived 27 years on the Oregon coast. I hated the rain---we got more rain than here. We got more sun and definately nicer weather than here. I hear complaints about the weather all the time. Personally, I have lived in several states and people complain about the weather---it is all relative---what you are use to and like as we are all different. I have even heard people in Hawaii complain about the weather. I think it is just a part of conversation like how are you.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:53 AM

2 posts, read 8,730 times
I moved to Seattle a while ago...I don't think people ***** that much about the weather, unless of course its over 70 degrees. But I have to say that there is just an overall air of negativity here. Everyone has something to complain about. Combine that with constant overcast and it makes a very depressing city to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: