Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2011, 05:38 PM

6 posts, read 70,216 times

Advertisements

Verio, thank you for your input. I hope that Amazon is still receptive to you regarding other opportunities they may have now or in the near future. Good luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 05:43 PM

615 posts, read 1,522,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZheatstoke View Post
Verio, thank you for your input. I hope that Amazon is still receptive to you regarding other opportunities they may have now or in the near future. Good luck to you!
Yeah I hope so as well. However, the recruiter will tell you on-site that if they think you're a good cultural fit, yet not a good positional fit, they will let you know.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:03 PM

Verio, that's good to know. Amazon should be commended on that practice.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Verio, that's good to know. Amazon should be commended on that practice.
How did your Amazon adventure work out?

I've actually been invited to interview again for a different position. First interview is coming up, so hopefully I can close the deal this time.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:54 AM

I didn't make it past the 3rd phone interview. Good luck, I hope it turns out well for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verio View Post
How did your Amazon adventure work out?

I've actually been invited to interview again for a different position. First interview is coming up, so hopefully I can close the deal this time.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I didn't make it past the 3rd phone interview. Good luck, I hope it turns out well for you.
I appreciate it. Just keep applying, look for different departments, etc. The only thing I wish I had was the interview notes from last time. I'd like to know why I wasn't selected, etc. I'd hate to repeat the same mistake twice, if there was a mistake. Sometimes it comes down to two equally employable people, but you have to pick one over the other.

Like I said, the feedback I did get, was that they were inclined to hire, and honestly, if the interview went badly last time, I don't think I would have been invited back again.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:40 PM

20 posts, read 55,379 times
The Amazon phone screen process is normally 2 interviews. The feedback will be written (paragraph form) and categorized in one of 4 (strongly inclined, inclined, not inclined, strongly not inclined). If it is a mix of 1 inclined/1 not inclined then the candidate will be reviewed by the hiring manager for a 3rd phone screen. In Amazon parlance it is 1PS/2PS/3PS.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:36 AM

10 posts, read 38,600 times
Default Amazon Hiring/Interview process MEGATHREAD

hi there
we're moving from nyc for hubby's job and i'm considering looking for a job as an Exec Asst at amazon.
here in NYC, EAs can work well past 6pm if their boss needs it. starting at 8am is not uncommon either.
What is the culture like at Amazon? People who currently work there - would you say the Assistants generally follow a 9-5 schedule?
I'm a mom and need to know how much time I'd have to pick up the kids - it figures in with how far we'd live from work.
Bonus points if you know the median salary for EAs at Amazon!

Thanks!

Old 04-03-2012, 10:44 AM

507 posts, read 1,668,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofosogood View Post
hi there
we're moving from nyc for hubby's job and i'm considering looking for a job as an Exec Asst at amazon.
here in NYC, EAs can work well past 6pm if their boss needs it. starting at 8am is not uncommon either.
What is the culture like at Amazon? People who currently work there - would you say the Assistants generally follow a 9-5 schedule?
I'm a mom and need to know how much time I'd have to pick up the kids - it figures in with how far we'd live from work.
Bonus points if you know the median salary for EAs at Amazon!

Thanks!
I can't really answer any EA specific questions but I try and get there by 9 in the morning when it's very busy, i.e. most people are arriving around that time and I often stay until after 6, but by 6 the office gets really quiet, I don't think even many execs are hanging around until then.

There is certainly less of an expectation for you to be physically present in the office but more for you to get the job done. Nobody cares if you do it remotely from home or on the weekends. I can't say there's a culture of staying late but you might get emails any time of the day or night, people are always on their smartphones and it can actually be a little difficult to disconnect from work.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:36 PM

102 posts, read 274,897 times
I also can't answer EA specific questions, but my husband and his vanpool arrive at 8:45 or so and he is the first of his department to arrive.

They leave at 5:30 and many in his department are still there. He's a manager.

The two above him are split - both leave later, but one stays very late regularly and the other works from home most evenings.

It's also VERY dependent on which team - some work notoriously long hours, others less so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area