Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2015, 11:44 PM

2,064 posts, read 4,433,014 times

Advertisements

btw, i've said this time and time again, i still think working at amazon is worth it for most people. in general, i would not recommend it if you are already working at google or facebook but otherwise, i would say that amazon is a step up in your career.

if it doesn't work out, you will almost always end up better off than had you just stayed at your old position (or take another competing offer). again...the only exceptions are google and facebook for bit companies and you can argue about the latest flavor of the month for pre-IPO companies...these days probably uber. a few years ago, it was square, before that airbnb/twitter/pinterest, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 02:10 PM

6 posts, read 32,055 times
How long does it usually take to get compensation package? I was told Tuesday they wanted to move forward and would email me the offer letter and call to go over it, but I've heard nothing since then. I've sent 2 emails as I have 2 offers on table from other companies and need to make decision by Monday for one of them :/.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:19 PM

usually it takes a few days and it's still only thursday.

however, they do move quickly if you tell them that you have a deadline so make sure that you tell your recruiter very nicely that you are excited about the prospect of working at amazon but you have 2 other offers and need to make a decision by monday so if they can expedite you would appreciate it.

i've seen them turn this around within hours when push came to shove and we needed it done quickly...

Old 08-21-2015, 07:52 PM

6 posts, read 32,055 times
Got the offer today. but it was a lot lower than originally discussed and they said that was max they could do so I had to decline it . Sucks I was looking forward to moving to Seattle.

Old 08-21-2015, 09:33 PM

aw, sorry to hear that. amazon's compensation is typically pretty good but it does depend on how they level you so if they level you lower than you think you should be leveled, you might not get the offer you want.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:26 AM

4 posts, read 23,403 times
So any tips on on-site dress code? I am being told to just wear what I'm comfortable in but that a tie is definitely not needed. Would a sports coat and jeans/slacks with a button up be too formal?

And to judgernaut, sorry to hear about the low offer ..... I also am getting the feeling they'll be low balling me. The recruiter kept emphasizing that salary is not nearly important and that the total comp is what I should view as take home.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:17 AM

739 posts, read 3,056,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morewherejasper View Post
So any tips on on-site dress code? I am being told to just wear what I'm comfortable in but that a tie is definitely not needed. Would a sports coat and jeans/slacks with a button up be too formal?

And to judgernaut, sorry to hear about the low offer ..... I also am getting the feeling they'll be low balling me. The recruiter kept emphasizing that salary is not nearly important and that the total comp is what I should view as take home.
I wore dockers with a long sleeve button down shirt, tucked in and nice shoes. No tie. No jacket. I felt adequately dressed for the interview.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:22 AM

28 posts, read 76,097 times
Same exact thing here. The interviewers ran the gauntlet from t-shirt and shorts, to dockers and button down. Nothing fancier was seen in the building.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:08 PM

338 posts, read 847,433 times
Considering several teams laid off their highest paid employees, then listed openings for those positions with a much lower pay, I suspect the "frugal" tenant is well in play right now. Looks like their offering lower pay in general.

Old 08-24-2015, 03:03 PM

1 posts, read 4,156 times
So I applied to Amazon (Sr. HR Assistant position) sometime last month and I got an e-mail back from a recruiter saying they'd like to schedule a phone interview with me. About a week later, after the 30 minute phone interview, I got another e-mail from the same recruiter saying that I impressed them with my interview and they'd like to bring me on-site.

However, he said, "there is no specific on-site interview scheduled at the moment so we would like to invite you to the next upcoming event once we confirm those details. We will keep you informed in about two weeks or so on when and where your next on-site interview will take place. Once the details are confirmed, we will then send you a confirmation email containing information about your next interview."

I'm a bit confused with this e-mail. What do they mean by "event"? Is this a group interview of some sort?

Any kind of clarity/advice is appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area