Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2015, 11:09 PM

2,064 posts, read 4,417,632 times

Advertisements

for on-site dress code, a pair of dockers and a button up shirt with some clean shoes (not sneakers) are good. you can also wear a polo shirt instead of button up shirt.

total comp is actually much more important than base salary.

an executive at amazon can easily make a total comp of over $1m/year but their base salary might only be $165k or so and $900k+ worth of RSU per year. this is a much better offer than another company that might offer $300k in base salary and only $100k worth of stock RSU per year.

even at smaller numbers, this makes sense to look at total comp and not just salary. amazon stock is actual stock traded every day on the stock market...these aren't startup stock options that are likely going to be worthless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 11:10 PM

amazon has hiring events throughout the year. at these events, they do a lot of interviews back to back all day long. they will not be group interviews but you will be interviewing on the same day as many other people for your role. at these events, they have interviewers staffed all day.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:41 PM

129 posts, read 149,537 times
I'm curious as to what kind of impact the NY Times story has had on Amazon. Has it had an impact on interest in working for Amazon?

Old 09-16-2015, 08:23 PM

8 posts, read 20,648 times
I am on my 3rd interview with Amazon. Senior level position.

1. Do they frown upon a suite worn to an interview?
2. Is the benefit package (moving) any different for higher level positions?

Any info these Q's would be very helpful.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:20 AM

8 posts, read 20,648 times
This thread dropped off fast...

Old 09-19-2015, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 4,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtww View Post

When I interviewed I got a note from the recruiter saying not to wear a suit, the dress code is business casual, and to be comfortable.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtww View Post
I am on my 3rd interview with Amazon. Senior level position.

2. Is the benefit package (moving) any different for higher level positions?

Any info these Q's would be very helpful.
1) Yes, you will stand out a little bit too much if you wear a suit. I would advise against it. If you feel like you will have a better interview dressed up, just wear slacks, button up shirt, and jacket (with no tie) and take off the jacket.

2) There aren't any major differences in relocation due to higher level positions but there are a few minor differences...

a) most senior level folks own a house and have a lot of stuff so relocation is expensive. amazon will cover it all but you will sign a contract that says that you will have to pay it back (prorated) if you leave within 2 years. for junior level folks who rent, i believe it is usually a 1 year agreement.

b) senior level folks make more money so the first 2 years when you actually make cash bonus money, senior level people will have those bonuses paid monthly as a separate check from your paycheck (so you will get 2 paychecks a month instead of 1). if you're junior level, you just get paid all of it at once per year and if you leave you have to pay back a prorated amount. since your bonus is paid monthly for senior level people, there is no payback if you leave before 2 years (other than the relocation part mentioned in #1).

I think that's it...but I can and will be wrong sometimes.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 4,259 times
Hi,

I have cleared 2 telephonic interviews for a Business Analyst position (including technical). I have an other phone interview scheduled with a member of a the senior management team. What sort of questions can I except? are they going to be behavioral or case study ?

Old 10-04-2015, 08:48 PM

180 posts, read 319,576 times
The recruiter will call you before your on-site visit and tell you which topics will be part of the interview. Good luck.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:50 PM

likely behavioral but since your position includes tech, i would expect at least some general technical questions (how to handle race conditions, idempotency in systems, etc.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area