Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2017, 08:43 AM

11 posts, read 59,467 times

Advertisements

I recently had a friend do an onsite interview loop for a PM position in Human Resources and got rejected. After debriefing him it seems as if he fell victim to the Bar Raiser and repeating the same successes (for examples) with multiple interviewers. I gave him the following advice that I've seen work for others:

1. Have a unique situational example (hopefully with data to back it up!) for each of the 14 leadership principals. Never repeat the same story more than twice. It doesn't matter if you saved you company 10 million dollars while rolling out a brand new program single handed in half the time it would take a gaggle full of Harvard MBAs to do- you need multiple examples!!!!

2. When they ask you what questions you have the interviewer one question you should ask of every interviewer is "If I get hired into the position, how can I be of most help to you?" This goes back to customer obsession. My friend instead was trying to gauge the level of support these people were given to do their jobs instead of focusing on the interviewer as the customer. Want the job offer? Drink the Kool-Aid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 11:06 AM

2,064 posts, read 4,434,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFACandidate View Post
Finance Managers are actually level 6.5. I managed to confirmed this with the recruiter and during the onsite interview.

So SFAs are level 6. Finance Managers are 6.5s. Senior Finance Managers are level 7. Director is level 8 and so on. Apparently, this sort of leveling is unique to finance.

I'm waiting to hear back now. Hopefully find out the response this week. In the interim I signed into the careers website and it looks like amazon has submitted me for a new position within the same team. This seems like a good thing. It's within the same team, so maybe they think I'd be a better fit for an SFA role doing some different stuff than the initial SFA role they had me come in for.

Or maybe I did well and they want to offer me both. That would be unexpected because I didn't think I did that well with the bar raisers.

Or maybe I didn't do well and they want to put me down in their system as no for both positions so they don't make the mistake of contacting me about these two roles in the future.

RVD any thoughts??

Regardless this has all been an interesting experience, and I think I'm a better interviewee for having gone through it. I'd love to work for Amazon, but I'm also doing well where I am so getting turned down is hardly the end of the world. Being flown to Seattle tells me I'm at least doing something right with my career.
sometimes they will not approve you for this role but say that you're a good fit for amazon and then send your candidacy to another team (they will want to interview you too though).

or sometimes you have a joint loop where 2 different teams are interviewing you. you usually get an offer from both or no offer from both. if you do get the offer, both hiring managers will do a "sell call" and you get to pick the team.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:14 AM

5 posts, read 20,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post
sometimes they will not approve you for this role but say that you're a good fit for amazon and then send your candidacy to another team (they will want to interview you too though).

or sometimes you have a joint loop where 2 different teams are interviewing you. you usually get an offer from both or no offer from both. if you do get the offer, both hiring managers will do a "sell call" and you get to pick the team.

Yeah I figured it was something like that. I did get my response last night and it was a no for the team but yes for Amazon. I did ask the recruiter if she was aware that I had been submitted for another job. She actually seemed kinda surprised then said "that's interesting, but it wasn't me." So maybe I'll get a call about this other job or maybe I won't.

Anyway, the recruiter urged me to let her know if I see any other Amazon jobs that interest me. Apparently I won't have to go through a full loop this next time. She said it would just be a one on one with a hiring manager who would then make a decision. So I guess I have an Amazon job hunting license.

I might start looking in the near future, but for now I'm just taking a breather.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:45 PM

3 posts, read 13,739 times
I recently had a couple of phone interviews with amazon and was invited to an on-site interview. A new recruiter (third one I've worked with so far) reached out to me to arrange the date. She confirmed the date with me by phone but the problem is that all of the email confirmations I've received have the wrong date information on them, so I haven't been able to book my travel. I'm supposed to fly out in 2 days and I tried emailing the recruiter today (with the original recruiter copied) and haven't gotten any response. I talked with the travel company last week and they said they would call the recruiter about fixing the date so I can book my flight but I haven't heard anything since.

I'm stressing a bit because I already took the time off work, have been preparing for the interviews, etc. Should I be worried? Would they set a date and then leave me with no way to get there? What should I do?

Old 01-20-2017, 07:53 AM

70 posts, read 149,085 times
Anybody heard of reachire recruiters and know if they are legit ? I chanced upon their website where they claim to have a tie up with Amazon for recruitment. They focus on women wanting to come back to the workplace after a career break.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 4,936 times
I read a lot about the sign-on bonus for year 1 and 2. What exactly is meant with that, that you will get it after completing year 1 and 2 or that you will get it the 1st year and the 2nd year of employment?

Old 01-27-2017, 12:11 PM

268 posts, read 1,133,293 times
Here how it was written:

Guaranteed Sign On Cash:
$XXk paid with your first paycheck.
$YYk broken out and paid monthly throughout your second year of employment.

Generally you get slightly more in first check than the rest of the installments. For example, if its $50K, $26K-$28K with your first paycheck, then $24K-$22K later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebigpot View Post
I read a lot about the sign-on bonus for year 1 and 2. What exactly is meant with that, that you will get it after completing year 1 and 2 or that you will get it the 1st year and the 2nd year of employment?

Old 01-27-2017, 03:42 PM

4 posts, read 61,041 times
Hello all,

I am new to this forum, but have lurked in this thread for the past few months. I have had a strange scenario regarding my application status.

Has anyone had their status changed from "Under Review" to "Submitted - Under Review"? Yes, I know, it's backwards. :S

Here's my situation. I applied to multiple area manager roles for different locations. I was emailed by a recruiter telling me I would be considered once for the position, regardless of my multiple applications. She said I would be contacted by a recruiting coordinator within five business days.

After five business days I didn't get contacted. I emailed her, she said she was working through my application, but now it has been nine days and nothing. From what I have read on this thread, it's not uncommon for this to happen. My application statuses have been changing in weird ways. All of my area manager positions were "Under Review", but switched back to "Submitted - Under Review", except for one which stands at "Under Review". I'm hoping this is the one I am being considered for, but who knows.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:47 PM

268 posts, read 1,133,293 times
Don't pay any attention on that job status page, it's misleading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle91892 View Post
Hello all,

I am new to this forum, but have lurked in this thread for the past few months. I have had a strange scenario regarding my application status.

Has anyone had their status changed from "Under Review" to "Submitted - Under Review"? Yes, I know, it's backwards. :S

Here's my situation. I applied to multiple area manager roles for different locations. I was emailed by a recruiter telling me I would be considered once for the position, regardless of my multiple applications. She said I would be contacted by a recruiting coordinator within five business days.

After five business days I didn't get contacted. I emailed her, she said she was working through my application, but now it has been nine days and nothing. From what I have read on this thread, it's not uncommon for this to happen. My application statuses have been changing in weird ways. All of my area manager positions were "Under Review", but switched back to "Submitted - Under Review", except for one which stands at "Under Review". I'm hoping this is the one I am being considered for, but who knows.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:04 PM

3 posts, read 13,739 times
So, I interviewed on site last Friday and today got the rejection email. Super disappointed as I thought the day went well overall. The recruiter said in the email that she would keep my "resume and details on file" so other hiring managers could consider me for other positions and that they would reach out if another position opens up that might be a good match. Also that I should feel free to apply to other postings I'm interested in.

My question is, is this sincere or are they just being polite? Is there any chance that I would still be considered by other hiring managers after I've been rejected already? Should I keep applying or can I pretty much kiss this dream goodbye?

thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area