Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 09:40 PM

8 posts, read 23,968 times

Advertisements

I just got contacted directly by an Amazon recruiter for a SW Engineering position in Seattle (I have never applied there), not sure if anything will come out of it but nonetheless just being considered is a small triumph for me. If it moves forward I will have go through a few of these 137 pages to pickup any tips

Just got the 6th edition of the "Cracking the Coding Interview", better start brushing up, was planning to take 70-483 in early February, I wonder if that will help as well, provided that I pass it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 09:10 AM

4 posts, read 61,017 times
Does anyone know what "hidden" means on the Amazon job status? It has been hidden for a couple of days.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastee View Post
I just got contacted directly by an Amazon recruiter for a SW Engineering position in Seattle (I have never applied there), not sure if anything will come out of it but nonetheless just being considered is a small triumph for me. If it moves forward I will have go through a few of these 137 pages to pickup any tips

Just got the 6th edition of the "Cracking the Coding Interview", better start brushing up, was planning to take 70-483 in early February, I wonder if that will help as well, provided that I pass it
There is definitively some good advice and insight on this forum. Also, Glassdoor has plenty of interview questions from previous Amazon applicants of all roles. It's a very good resource.

Last edited by kyle91892; 02-01-2017 at 05:33 PM..

Old 02-02-2017, 10:15 AM

3 posts, read 22,726 times
I interviewed for a TPM role last Friday (27th Jan). HR dropped the ball on many occasions. My pre brief email / call was done after I landed in Seattle on 26th. Had 5 interviews and lunch. I was specifically told lunch was not an interview. Here is how it went.

Almost all rounds were a little bit of technical and mostly behavioral, tell me a time when questions. I think rounds 1, 3 and 4 went good. Round 2 ran a bit shorter as my interviewer ran a bit late but it did not go very well as I was stumbled a bit in explaining the scenario. Round 5 was with the hiring manager. He started off with some tech questions for which I did not know the answer - he said it was ok. He then went into a how will you handle kind of question but I was kind of nervous by the point and admitted so. Will this ruin my chances? Still do not have a reply and from this thread seems like I should have had an answer by now if its a positive response. Should I email and check tomorrow as it will be a week?

Old 02-04-2017, 05:13 AM

1 posts, read 18,626 times
Was my Amazon application rejected?

Hi guys,

Just had question/rant about how my hiring process has gone with amazon so far.
So I applied to Amazon back in December for a Part-time Seasonal Associate position, fast forward two weeks later I receive an email from the Recruiting OPS saying "This offer is contingent upon completing and successfully passing the required background check information, drug screen, and other pre-employment requirements." Cool. So then I continue with the application process and schedule an appointment for a Amazon Hiring Event. I go to the hiring event, it was just a group of people who also applied, there were no one-on-one interviews. We all then take a saliva swab drug test, watch a video about the job description and fill out paperwork. At the end we are told to wait for an email containing the New Hiring Orientation event date and then are dismissed (I left thinking I got the job lol). So I wait about 3-4 weeks, only to get updates about my 'application being in process' but never any updates about the New Hiring Orientation start date. AND then today I get these two emails in order saying:

3:37 PM

Hello, Please disregard rejection email, your application is being processed on a different requisition. Thank you! Amazon Staffing Team

then at

11:37 pm On behalf of Amazon, thank you for your interest in the Part-Time Seasonal Associate - San Bernardino position. We greatly appreciate the time you invested in the process. At this time we have decided not to move forward with your application. If you applied to multiple positions, please sign into your Job Page to check the status of your remaining applications. We wish you success in your job search. Thank you, Amazon Staffing Team

Then I went to My Amazon Job Portal, looked at my job status which previously said "Pending Starting Date" and then it said "My Job Status: Not Moved Forward."

Does that mean I didn't get the job? I did apply for 3 other positions at the same location though. What are your own experiences on the hiring process with Amazon? Thanks for the feedback guys!

Old 02-04-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by need_a_job_plz View Post
Was my Amazon application rejected?

Hi guys,

Just had question/rant about how my hiring process has gone with amazon so far.
So I applied to Amazon back in December for a Part-time Seasonal Associate position, fast forward two weeks later I receive an email from the Recruiting OPS saying "This offer is contingent upon completing and successfully passing the required background check information, drug screen, and other pre-employment requirements." Cool. So then I continue with the application process and schedule an appointment for a Amazon Hiring Event. I go to the hiring event, it was just a group of people who also applied, there were no one-on-one interviews. We all then take a saliva swab drug test, watch a video about the job description and fill out paperwork. At the end we are told to wait for an email containing the New Hiring Orientation event date and then are dismissed (I left thinking I got the job lol). So I wait about 3-4 weeks, only to get updates about my 'application being in process' but never any updates about the New Hiring Orientation start date. AND then today I get these two emails in order saying:

3:37 PM

Hello, Please disregard rejection email, your application is being processed on a different requisition. Thank you! Amazon Staffing Team

then at

11:37 pm On behalf of Amazon, thank you for your interest in the Part-Time Seasonal Associate - San Bernardino position. We greatly appreciate the time you invested in the process. At this time we have decided not to move forward with your application. If you applied to multiple positions, please sign into your Job Page to check the status of your remaining applications. We wish you success in your job search. Thank you, Amazon Staffing Team

Then I went to My Amazon Job Portal, looked at my job status which previously said "Pending Starting Date" and then it said "My Job Status: Not Moved Forward."

Does that mean I didn't get the job? I did apply for 3 other positions at the same location though. What are your own experiences on the hiring process with Amazon? Thanks for the feedback guys!
When the rejection email initiated, it probably automatically updated the job status to "Not Moved Forward". It is likely computer automated, it was updated exactly 8 hours later from your first email and happened during non-work hours. Also, the ATS system does janky things when you apply to multiple locations for the same role or vice-versa in your case.

I would contact your hiring manager/coordinator, but I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy your weekend and forget about it until Monday.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 18,517 times
so I had a interview with amazon, mouth swab test, after was told I would receive a email 2 days later I receive email saying I needed to do my I9 and schedule my appointment to take documents to third party. After it was all done my profile said awaiting screen results. Last night I got a email about my amazon status update saying I needed to follow up with one or both of our screening partners. you will be receiving notifications of your pre-employment screening results from either accurate background, or total compliance network, amazons medical review officer(MRO), REGARDING DRUG TEST?

Can someone let me know what this means or what?

Old 02-08-2017, 09:43 AM

11 posts, read 59,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moksha View Post
So, I interviewed on site last Friday and today got the rejection email. Super disappointed as I thought the day went well overall. The recruiter said in the email that she would keep my "resume and details on file" so other hiring managers could consider me for other positions and that they would reach out if another position opens up that might be a good match. Also that I should feel free to apply to other postings I'm interested in.

My question is, is this sincere or are they just being polite? Is there any chance that I would still be considered by other hiring managers after I've been rejected already? Should I keep applying or can I pretty much kiss this dream goodbye?

thanks
They are being polite, they have thousands of applicants and tend to only look at those that apply unless you have very unique skill sets in a hard to find field. Keep applying! They tend to put people 2 job rejections codes when someone has come through the on-site interview process:

1. Fit at Amazon but not a fit for the role- This means you've passed the Bar Raiser but didn't get the job, they will fast track you for any other similar openings for the next 6 months, you probably won't need a Full Interview Loop but might need another onsite, sometimes only meeting with the hiring manager.

2. Not a Culture Fit- While not official (because that would be discrimination if this practice was found to have adverse impact on minorities, women, vets, or those with disabilities) this pretty much means that they will not consider you for ANY openings for the next 6 months. In their mind you don't meet those 14 leadership principals. Never mind if you were having a bad day, interviewed with someone who was having a bad day, or had a brain fart on a question that sank you. You are not going to be considered for 6 months.

I had a friend who had this happen- he found out through back channels that one of the two bar raisers he interviewed with him was a no and the other 6 in his interview loop were a yes, including the hiring manager. He kept applying for positions, never heard anything then immediately after 6 months from his rejection date he gets a phone call from a hiring manager and starts his loop again. He does the loop again (it turns out the position was nearly identical to the one he didn't get the first time) and this time wins the bar raiser lotto and gets the offer. After he completes his orientation he runs into the hiring manager from his first loop and they both commiserate on how a bar raiser completely hosed up both of their worlds, the hiring manager had to spend 2 more months to find a candidate to fill his opening and my buddy was stuck playing catch up on the same project he could have started 6 months earlier.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:35 PM

6 posts, read 21,308 times
Is it possible to join Amazon as a entry-level/junior developer?

Old 02-09-2017, 12:53 PM

5 posts, read 34,419 times
Hello - I have been going through whole thread from past two days looking for real on-site questions for Sr Program Manager role. But, unable to find more than few. I understand it will be behavioral questions but wanted to know more specific questions recently asked for PM position. Is there any other source apart from glassdoor ? Please let me know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area