Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2012, 06:39 AM

1 posts, read 12,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastrigirl View Post
You might be surprised at what people ask for and what they get. We made a long list and after a bit of negotiating, got it all. If you're a good fit they will generally make it work.
Any non-obvious items on this long list that might be worthwhile to consider?

My hubby is getting an initial offer from Amazon next week. So we don't know the details of the offer yet.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 12:09 AM

2,064 posts, read 4,433,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastrigirl View Post
You might be surprised at what people ask for and what they get. We made a long list and after a bit of negotiating, got it all. If you're a good fit they will generally make it work.
thanks. that's great to know for this next set of interviews, etc. i have another initial phone interview this week.

it may have been the recruiter playing games but he did say "just to let you know, i don't play games and i just tell it like it is and like to give the best offer we can give right off the bat" and then he proceeded to tell me that what i was asking for was a pretty big stretch above what everyone else was getting so it'd be tough. he then tried to sell the lower cost of living in seattle and how even though it'd probably be a lot less money and benefits than i was asking for, it'd be "close" to that in LA, etc. so we'll see.

overall, i thought the experience and interview process was fair and about what i would expect from a large company like amazon.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:19 AM

195 posts, read 377,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post
but he did say "just to let you know, i don't play games and i just tell it like it is and like to give the best offer we can give right off the bat" and then he proceeded to tell me that what i was asking for was a pretty big stretch above what everyone else was getting so it'd be tough. he then tried to sell the lower cost of living in seattle and how even though it'd probably be a lot less money and benefits than i was asking for, it'd be "close" to that in LA, etc. so we'll see.
...One of the biggest clues that someone is "playing games" is when they say something like "just to let you know, i don't play games"

Then proceed to tell you how overpriced you are, and (for example) How much more money you will effectively be making with no state income taxes here

Sadly, the interests of the recruiter are not necessarily the same as their clients once the pay/benefits negotiations phase starts ...

Old 05-07-2012, 05:50 PM

2,064 posts, read 4,433,613 times
lol, you're probably right.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:22 AM

7 posts, read 54,373 times
I had my first round on April 27th, second round on May 11th. No news from there. I did my interviews really well. Interviewer told me that I can expect a 3rd phone or they will fly me in. I am concerned now. Wanted a logical end to this, either yes or no. Why recruiters are not giving an update??? Any idea???

Old 05-22-2012, 07:17 AM

Default Amazon Interview Process.. How long does it take???

I had my first round on April last week, second round on May 11th. No news from there. I did my interviews really well. Interviewer told me that I can expect a 3rd phone or they will fly me in. Wanted a logical end to this, either yes or no. Why recruiters are not giving an update??? Any idea???

Old 05-22-2012, 08:41 AM

1,930 posts, read 6,533,678 times
That's an unusually long gap for AMZN. Have you called them to check in?

Old 05-22-2012, 09:19 AM

5 posts, read 17,776 times
Agreed with PP, that's quite a long time. I'd give them a gentle nudge.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:30 AM

I called them up, but the recruiter did not pickup the call. I dropped an email, there is no response. Trust me, being a candidate during an interview, you will get know exactly whether you are blowing up a discussion or not.... you know what I mean...from my personal opinion, I did second one lot better than first.... so I should at least get another chance..but wait is on!!!...so far I know Amazon is an amazing place, though it can be demanding most of the times...but I want to be there..... hope it will come through...

Please let me know your experiences...

Old 05-22-2012, 11:04 AM

615 posts, read 1,522,514 times
If you have not received feedback yet, it's time to move on. The phone interview process, candidate notes are usually written up and reviewed within 1-2 business days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area