Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2017, 05:31 PM

6 posts, read 25,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODiver View Post
I know that Amazon pays employees monthly in Seattle, can anyone chime in with when this is usually processed? (I.e., 15th, 30th, 1st etc)
My Amazon friend says it's once per month, end of the month so 30th/31st (28th in February).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 09:22 AM

4 posts, read 19,736 times
Hi all,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience here.

I had an onsite interview on May 18th, and I haven't heard back from them for a week (Today is May 26).
My status is "Under consideration".

"Do you guys treat this as a sign of rejection?"

Old 05-26-2017, 01:27 PM

6 posts, read 30,225 times
@ga
I was in the same boat, and couldnt even sleep because I kept checking my email. Do try to follow up with your main recruiter, they will happily respond with a proper update to set your mind at ease.

Old 05-26-2017, 02:23 PM

@mustainiac

Hi there,

Hmm... I feel better now, because at least I am not alone. lol
What do you think about ur onsite? I score myself like 6 out of 10, and I think this is the reason why I didn't get the offer two days after the onsite or even on the spot like others.

Actually I did follow up yesterday (Thursday, may 25th). Still no response. T.T

Old 05-26-2017, 04:28 PM

Hey...

After the onsite interview (May 18th), my Amazon job board status was "under consideration".
Right now (May 26th), I just check it, it shows "Reviewed, Not selected".

Although I haven't got the official rejection letter, hmm, I think I am out of the game.

Wish you all the best.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:10 PM

129 posts, read 224,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonramsay View Post
I had an onsite back in March for a job that got filled before hey could consider me, I thought nothing of it and then about a month later saw another job with Amazon and applied for it. When I logged into my account I see that 4 of my applications say "Reviewed, Not Selected" but I haven't heard anything from any recruiters. Would they contact me if I've already gone through the loop before? Would I have to go through it again?
Cmon guys. Do you really have to ask questions for such obvious statements? Reviewed, Not Selected means exactly what it states. It means that they have decided not to move forward after resume review, phone screen, or interview loop.

Obviously, if they did not even contact you, your application was rejected at the resume review stage.

If you have gone through the interview loop, they MAY still make you do it again or they MAY NOT. It depends on the recruiter and the hiring manager. If it's for a similar team where all the interviewers are the same, they probably won't bother with the loop again. It depends on how much overlap there is with the previous team and the overlap in interviewers for that group.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:19 PM

129 posts, read 224,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga584934 View Post
@mustainiac

Hi there,

What do you think about ur onsite? I score myself like 6 out of 10, and I think this is the reason why I didn't get the offer two days after the onsite or even on the spot like others.

That's not how it works. If you are a yes, then you are a yes. We firmly believe in our recruiting process and if you are selected, then you have the potential to be a superstar.

It depends on both the recruiter and when the interviewers are able to submit their feedback. It also depends on the team and the available talent in your field.

Mine took a week, but my hiring manager said it was a unanimous decision to proceed to offer for me.

I always recommend calling. This allows you to gauge whether or not they are stringing you along (2nd choice?) or whether they legitimately haven't decided yet. Plus, you don't have to be passive and wait for a response.

Old 05-28-2017, 01:32 PM

6 posts, read 30,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga584934 View Post
@mustainiac

Hi there,

Don't give up just yet, my recruiter only replied after I had sent an email with regards to the status. So try to be proactive. Remember, "Bias for Action" is one of Amazon's Leadership Principles.

It's not a "No" until they tell you so.

Remember to pray. It helps. All the best.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:56 PM

Yes,

You both are right. Don't lose hope.

Sending a follow up email is not enough. I will wait few more days, if nothing happens, then call them directly for confirming the outcome.

Thank you.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:42 PM

4 posts, read 29,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walch1007 View Post
Cmon guys. Do you really have to ask questions for such obvious statements? Reviewed, Not Selected means exactly what it states. It means that they have decided not to move forward after resume review, phone screen, or interview loop.

Obviously, if they did not even contact you, your application was rejected at the resume review stage.

If you have gone through the interview loop, they MAY still make you do it again or they MAY NOT. It depends on the recruiter and the hiring manager. If it's for a similar team where all the interviewers are the same, they probably won't bother with the loop again. It depends on how much overlap there is with the previous team and the overlap in interviewers for that group.
I have been contacted when my application said Reviewed, Not Selected, so this is not the case. It's a very vague term that doesn't really tell me anything and I asked because I was hoping someone with more experience on this thread would have an answer for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area