Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2017, 10:18 AM

129 posts, read 224,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonramsay View Post
I have been contacted when my application said Reviewed, Not Selected, so this is not the case. It's a very vague term that doesn't really tell me anything and I asked because I was hoping someone with more experience on this thread would have an answer for me.
It's not vague at all. I've already answered you.

It is up to the individual recruiter, whether you will receive further contact. Typically, they'll notify you by phone if you haven't been selected after an interview loop as a courtesy. They may even decide you may be a good fit for other roles. But that is literally impossible to determine. What is certain is that for that particular job ID where it says "Reviewed, Not Selected", you are out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 01:30 AM

6 posts, read 25,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity16 View Post
I recently received an offer from AMZN Seattle as a PM. However, the offer letter has no indication whatsoever on the grade level i.e L5 or L6.

The job had a requisite experience of 5+ work ex post baccalaureate and strong leadership skills. Does anyone knows what level this position is associated with/

Thanks,

Serendipity16
Try looking at the candidate expense form.
It may give you some indication based on the recruiter level.
For example, the form may read L6+ Recruiting Manager. That means the position is at least level 6.

Old 06-04-2017, 12:13 PM

1 posts, read 5,517 times
Hi guys, I applied for a PM position. And I noticed the changes of status. What does it mean when the status Accepted - In Progress was switched back to Under Review? The job post is also no longer viewable for two weeks but the status continued to change.

Hope some Amazon recruiters can shed light on this. Thank you!

Old 06-10-2017, 09:02 PM

1 posts, read 5,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walch1007 View Post
It's not vague at all. I've already answered you.

It is up to the individual recruiter, whether you will receive further contact. Typically, they'll notify you by phone if you haven't been selected after an interview loop as a courtesy. They may even decide you may be a good fit for other roles. But that is literally impossible to determine. What is certain is that for that particular job ID where it says "Reviewed, Not Selected", you are out.
It's actually not certain...unless the HR I am communicating with made a mistake. My job ID says "Reviewed, Not Selected", but they sent me an e-mail a few days back saying they would like an on-site interview with me.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 5,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpd158 View Post
Had my 2nd phone interview today. I think it went okay. Anyone else feel it could have gone better and still get passed on to the next phase? Phone interviews are so hard to judge.
Yep. I surprisingly made it to on-site after a difficult 2nd phone interview with the hiring manager's manager, who needed to drop a few hints on a case study question.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:26 PM

12,824 posts, read 9,541,088 times
Guys, great thread, and this sounds ungrateful, but I don't want to sift through all 38 pages. I am starting the sales interview process. Is there anything I should do to prep? My friend said to stick with the leadership principles and I would be fine.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:24 PM

1 posts, read 5,139 times
Default Home Services

My Company does work on their home services end of things. Home Theater Installs.
The jury is still out on that one.
[url=http://www.pnwav.com]Home Theater Installation Redmond - Seattle - Bellevue[/url]

Old 06-15-2017, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 5,110 times
Hello All, so I had my first phone interview last Thursday after which the interviewer very specifically said I would be contacted within 24-48 hours. It has now been a week with no contact. I've reached out to the recruiting coordinator to check in, but no reply either.

Should I just give up? Contact my interviewer? Keep waiting? What's the normal protocol for response time? Am I being ghosted??

Waiting 1-2 weeks isn't a big deal except that she gave such a tight initial timeline that I'm now in full panic mode.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:21 AM

5 posts, read 31,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HermionePotter View Post
Try looking at the candidate expense form.
It may give you some indication based on the recruiter level.
For example, the form may read L6+ Recruiting Manager. That means the position is at least level 6.
Perfect advice, Hermione. Just like the character from which you received your namesake - great acuity and wit. I was wondering as much myself, having not attended the Onsite yet, and upon reading this advice noticed immediately that it read exactly that L6+ Recruiting Manager.

As for others, I have not put too much reading into the how/why/etc. on interviewing. My story might be completely different, I applied years ago to a position and let it go without ever following up. I received an email about 5 weeks ago noting that Amazon was interested in me for a position. I sent them a revised resume and then got a note that they wanted to schedule an interview.

Telephonic interview went decently, not as great as I would have wanted but I had really been busy in a new job and forgot the time so I was caught off guard. They returned back within 2 days that they wanted an onsite, handed me off and it took about a week for communication, then another couple of days for scheduling and I'm now prepared for an onsite, got a pre-prep 45min set up and a call with the travel agent set up, and it appears I was approved for 2 nights hotel, and (based on your statement) it appears to be for an L6+ position.

Nice.

I am not sure if I plan on reading the forums too much as I don't want to over prepare, my main view was looking at compensation and seeing if any for my exact position were here. I have read the Amazon Leadership Principles before and find them very close to my own personal values and do not think I will have any trouble correlating my experience to them. I'm used to the STAR method as I've worked for the Federal government before whose sole method for interviews resolves around this.

I'm really curious about what to expect from Dress Standards and Grooming Standards. I left an executive position to a laid back position recently, moving from suits to jeans and Deadpool T-Shirts and grew out a hipster beard, I'm thinking I should trim it back to a goatee and pull some slacks and a button up on but avoid the French Cuffs, that about right? Or -- should I go jeans and polo?

Anyways, regardless of answers here - thanks for the sound advice!

-LimpingNinja

Old 06-17-2017, 08:31 AM

5 posts, read 31,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse_ View Post
Hello All, so I had my first phone interview last Thursday after which the interviewer very specifically said I would be contacted within 24-48 hours. It has now been a week with no contact. I've reached out to the recruiting coordinator to check in, but no reply either.

Should I just give up? Contact my interviewer? Keep waiting? What's the normal protocol for response time? Am I being ghosted??

Waiting 1-2 weeks isn't a big deal except that she gave such a tight initial timeline that I'm now in full panic mode.
So, first off - if I get an 2 day deadline (example), I usually look at the date to determine response, if this was given on Monday, then I will normally write back end of day Wednesday or Mid-day Thursday. If the deadline were given on Wed/Thu then I will usually give it all the way until the next Wednesday (weekends really put people off schedule).

Just remember, everyone in this chain is human. My responses have been pretty quick, but I have heard "... in 2 days" and the instance was actually a week. I would say shoot an email to the HR/Recruiter/whomever you are working with. While waiting, read up a bit on the position and study for the interview to better yourself and when it comes, you're ready to jump in - if it doesn't, you're ready for next time. The point is, they've interviewed you and will contact you back either way, while people have correlated (fast v. slow) response time to behavior, this isn't necessarily the case.

General response is easy, just be honest and throw an offer to assist, like this:

Hello ${toname},

I was advised to contact if I had not heard of any outcome within a few days. I did participate in the interview on ${date/time}, it was very informative from both directions and I enjoyed the process. I was curious if there was any feedback that might have emerged as a result of this interview! Please let me know if you need anything else from me!

Very Respectfully,
${byname}
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area