Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2017, 02:02 AM

1 posts, read 7,933 times

Advertisements

So I had my on-site interview with Amazon on June,13th (Tuesday). The hiring manager said they'll have a meeting on Monday, and I would know the decision by Monday/Tuesday(June,20th). I sent an e-mail to the recruiter this afternoon asking for updates, and did not get a reply
And, surprisingly I got a linkedin connection request from one of the interviewers. What does this mean? Does this have anything to do with the interviews or is it just a simple Linkedin connection request.
Is it okay to hope a positive response?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 09:03 AM

5 posts, read 31,878 times
Sounds like a positive so far, while a week would be scary - based on the movement so far and a confirmation from a friend of mine, it isn't uncommon to wait for the recruiter to get things in order or wait for a pending interview with another candidate to finish. If you have a LinkedIn request that would at least give me a positive feeling, so leave it at that for now?

Let us know how it works out, since there are lots of anecdotal accounts correlating time waited to hiring/rejection.

LimpingNinja

Old 07-07-2017, 12:18 AM

2 posts, read 14,436 times
I cleared the phone screen with Hiring Manager and technical round. I am being considered for Data Engineer III which is a lvl 6 position. HR sent email asking for my expected salary. Does anyone has any idea what the salary range is for Lvl 6 data engineer is? I dont want to go overboard and undersell as well.

Thanks in advance !

Old 07-09-2017, 06:00 AM

Default Re:

Give them an estimate of what you are worth and what you think the job is worth, that is the best path forward. Honestly, this is not the part of the interview that you have any concern about. I make really great money at my current position and I threw out that information directly; including that it was hourly (as a consultant) and supplying my last full-time salary (which was also very good). They didn't even flinch, and while I don't know what this position level is, the recruiter who tracked me down is an L6+ recruiter.

Just remember that when Amazon is hiring, they are doing TOTAL COMPENSATION. {Salary}+{Bonus/2 years}+{Stock vested at 5% year 1, 15% year 2, 40% year 3, 40% year 4) - your salary will have a cash base and a build up to the point they believe it is worth, and you should feel free to negotiate at the time. If you are scared now you might jump and accept a low offer, just know what you are worth.

I sent you a private message with full details and a link to statistical base salaries for various Amazon Jobs.

Cheers.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:16 AM

1 posts, read 8,123 times
thanks David

Old 07-26-2017, 06:57 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,260,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walch1007 View Post
That's not how it works. If you are a yes, then you are a yes. We firmly believe in our recruiting process and if you are selected, then you have the potential to be a superstar.

It depends on both the recruiter and when the interviewers are able to submit their feedback. It also depends on the team and the available talent in your field.

Mine took a week, but my hiring manager said it was a unanimous decision to proceed to offer for me.

I always recommend calling. This allows you to gauge whether or not they are stringing you along (2nd choice?) or whether they legitimately haven't decided yet. Plus, you don't have to be passive and wait for a response.
Lol, how does it feel to be a slave for CIA-funded global monopolists?

Old 07-30-2017, 11:43 PM

1 posts, read 6,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR13 View Post
Lol, how does it feel to be a slave for CIA-funded global monopolists?
Probably quite a bit better than being a forum-troll bursting with impotent rage, 'lol'!

Old 07-31-2017, 12:20 AM

489 posts, read 963,552 times
Some people just can't be happy for others.
The jealousy is strong with this one.

-Mike

Old 07-31-2017, 01:38 AM

2 posts, read 14,013 times
I originally applied for a SDE position in Vancouver but changed to Seattle because i had a working visa and the team i applied for have people there also. In the portal i see an application for CA location with status 'reviewed, not selected' and another for Seattle with status 'Under Review'. I wonder what 'under review' means at this stage (i already passed the onsite interview), how long should i expect a response and do i need to interview again? It's almost a month now.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolest View Post
I originally applied for an SDE position in Vancouver but changed to Seattle because i had a working visa and the team I applied for have people there also. In the portal, i see an application for CA location with status 'reviewed, not selected' and another for Seattle with status 'Under Review'. I wonder what 'under review' means at this stage (i already passed the onsite interview), how long should I expect a response and do I need to interview again? It's almost a month now.
I am not sure of your situation, did they call you and tell you that you passed the interviews? How did you change the location? I accepted a position with AWS just recently, and when the call came in to tell me the interview was a success, we discussed other geographic availabilities. I selected one and made clear that I did not want this delaying the process if anything I would accept the original position. I kept in constant communication with the recruiting manager who did their best to ensure that they returned a response right away.

I would say that you need to keep an open communication with your recruitment team. If you've already been accepted, keep pushing for an answer. A month is entirely too long in my book to go without action, assuming that is what happened. Do the same, it will all work out. It is likely he/she is shopping you to the teams there and finding the right team for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area