Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2017, 06:07 PM

2 posts, read 14,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimpingNinja View Post
I am not sure of your situation, did they call you and tell you that you passed the interviews? How did you change the location? I accepted a position with AWS just recently, and when the call came in to tell me the interview was a success, we discussed other geographic availabilities. I selected one and made clear that I did not want this delaying the process if anything I would accept the original position. I kept in constant communication with the recruiting manager who did their best to ensure that they returned a response right away.

I would say that you need to keep an open communication with your recruitment team. If you've already been accepted, keep pushing for an answer. A month is entirely too long in my book to go without action, assuming that is what happened. Do the same, it will all work out. It is likely he/she is shopping you to the teams there and finding the right team for you.
Yes they emailed me after the interview to tell about the result and schedule a call. We discussed in the follow up call about my visa status and the possibility to change location.
You're right, she is shopping me to the teams there. What worries me is that it takes so long and the possibility that i may need to interview again. I still keep communication with HR and gonna email her to ask these. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 11:05 AM

155 posts, read 131,636 times
Question about the time lapsed to get a phone call:
Background:
I did an onsite interview for TPM this Monday and finished ~5. It has been 4 business days since then and I have not heard anything back. I did email my coordinator and she's OOO friday and will be back monday. The initial HR contact might be back from his PTO but i am not certain either. I know i didn't do well on the design portion of one of the interviews but i think i did decent on the other pieces.

Question:
1. i read that if they like you they contact you within 2 days or so, but i also read some people get offers in a week.. Does anyone know how they select the candidates? I would assume that if they get to me and made a decision yay/nay they would contact me right away no? Don't see the point of delaying the inevitable or they dont bother with the rejects and just group them together in a series of calls at a later date?

Thanks!

Old 08-11-2017, 08:41 PM

2 posts, read 14,436 times
I interviewed for a LVL 6 - Sr Data Engineer Position. HR got back to me with LVL 5 offer. I am also not satisfied with offer - Total Comp was less than what i was expecting. Can i reject this offer and continue to interview for LVL 6 positions in other teams?

Old 08-17-2017, 10:25 AM

129 posts, read 224,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioil View Post
Question about the time lapsed to get a phone call:
Background:
I did an onsite interview for TPM this Monday and finished ~5. It has been 4 business days since then and I have not heard anything back. I did email my coordinator and she's OOO friday and will be back monday. The initial HR contact might be back from his PTO but i am not certain either. I know i didn't do well on the design portion of one of the interviews but i think i did decent on the other pieces.

Question:
1. i read that if they like you they contact you within 2 days or so, but i also read some people get offers in a week.. Does anyone know how they select the candidates? I would assume that if they get to me and made a decision yay/nay they would contact me right away no? Don't see the point of delaying the inevitable or they dont bother with the rejects and just group them together in a series of calls at a later date?

Thanks!
They do not group rejections together.

Different groups operate in different ways. Some will be faster and some will be slower depending on the schedule of the people in the interview and when they have time for a debrief. Critical roles will be filled faster, but you have no idea which ones those are as an external candidate.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:56 AM

2 posts, read 13,311 times
Hello everyone. First off, I am so thankful to have found this message board. I have an onsite interview scheduled with AWS for a Business Development position next Tuesday and I have a couple of questions.

1. Several post mention that at the onsite interview you will be meeting with several members of the hiring team. I had two phone screens. One with the hiring manager and one with a current team member with the same job role that I am interviewing for. Both of those team members are in Seattle and the job listing is for either Seattle or San Francisco. I am actually flying into the Herndon, VA location for my interviews. This just seems odd to me. Has anyone had a similar experience?

2. I recently did my writing exercise. Do you know if the interviewers will see this? I do not want to use the same example that used in my writing exercise for one of the interviews, but again I feel that the example I used is very compelling and shows how I applied several of the leadership principals.

3. I have a good idea of questions that I want to ask the hiring team members interviewing me, but since the bar raiser isn't part of that team, what are good questions to ask the bar raiser?

4. During the hiring process thus far I have yet to speak to the original recruiter that reached out to me or the recruiting coordinator. All communication has been through email. Is this normal? I do have a call scheduled with a different recruiter on Friday- "They will provide more context regarding the interview team, timeline, culture and Amazon’s total reward philosophy. They will also answer any pending questions as well." What sort of questions should I ask this new recruiter?

5. Did anyone send thank you emails after the onsite interviews? I haven't read anything on this post regarding that. I was able to send thank you emails after each phone screen.

thanks in advance for your help!!

Old 08-22-2017, 01:04 PM

2,254 posts, read 2,734,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysvsr1 View Post
I interviewed for a LVL 6 - Sr Data Engineer Position. HR got back to me with LVL 5 offer. I am also not satisfied with offer - Total Comp was less than what i was expecting. Can i reject this offer and continue to interview for LVL 6 positions in other teams?
Not sure but honestly if you are level 6 material it will become rapidly apparent and you will move up. Getting in the door is the hard part.

Old 08-24-2017, 12:37 AM

27 posts, read 95,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
Not sure but honestly if you are level 6 material it will become rapidly apparent and you will move up. Getting in the door is the hard part.
not gonna happen ... L5 to l6 takes atleast 2 yrs , most probably more

Old 08-24-2017, 03:04 PM

2,254 posts, read 2,734,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherGuy89 View Post
not gonna happen ... L5 to l6 takes atleast 2 yrs , most probably more
Agreed on timing. But given the interview process, negotiating won't work. Get in, prove capabilities at an L6 level, and it will happen.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:29 PM

1 posts, read 6,662 times
Hi, just a quick question about feedback(Job Offer or Not moving forward)

I had a phone screen and then did an onsite interview. Personally I felt like I connected with just about all the interviewers, I believe I may have a shot.

Would anyone know how long it takes before amazon will contact you with feedback? I personally do not want to be that guy that's bugging a recruiter.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:26 AM

2 posts, read 13,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityslicker01010110 View Post
Hi, just a quick question about feedback(Job Offer or Not moving forward)

I had a phone screen and then did an onsite interview. Personally I felt like I connected with just about all the interviewers, I believe I may have a shot.

Would anyone know how long it takes before amazon will contact you with feedback? I personally do not want to be that guy that's bugging a recruiter.
My recruiter set up a time to go over the results of my onsite interview before I went onsite. She knew when the team was supposed to meet to decide whether or not to make me an offer. I had my onsite interview yesterday and she set up a call for today at 11:30 to let me know if I would be getting an offer.

You should email your recruiter and ask when the team is set to meet up. The recruiter should be able to see that information, but I was told that the team doing the loop is required to meet as soon as possible and should not push it out any longer than 5 business days. GOOD LUCK!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area