Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2018, 12:39 PM

2 posts, read 12,371 times

Advertisements

For those who have relocated to Seattle for a job with Amazon, how much lead time with regards to start date were you afforded? I have quite a bit of travel plans already scheduled and paid for early this year and I'm worried that, if I receive an offer, they will want me to start before I can reasonably accommodate a move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 07:19 AM

1 posts, read 11,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairez View Post
so I had a interview with amazon, mouth swab test, after was told I would receive a email 2 days later I receive email saying I needed to do my I9 and schedule my appointment to take documents to third party. After it was all done my profile said awaiting screen results. Last night I got a email about my amazon status update saying I needed to follow up with one or both of our screening partners. you will be receiving notifications of your pre-employment screening results from either accurate background, or total compliance network, amazons medical review officer(MRO), REGARDING DRUG TEST?

Can someone let me know what this means or what?
Did you get the job??????? I got the same email

Old 02-19-2018, 09:35 AM

2 posts, read 23,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairez View Post
so I had a interview with amazon, mouth swab test, after was told I would receive a email 2 days later I receive email saying I needed to do my I9 and schedule my appointment to take documents to third party. After it was all done my profile said awaiting screen results. Last night I got a email about my amazon status update saying I needed to follow up with one or both of our screening partners. you will be receiving notifications of your pre-employment screening results from either accurate background, or total compliance network, amazons medical review officer(MRO), REGARDING DRUG TEST?

Can someone let me know what this means or what?
so what happened??? i got the same email

Old 02-19-2018, 09:39 AM

2 posts, read 23,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmarkuhs View Post
Did you get the job??????? I got the same email
you find anything out that happened with that email?

Old 03-08-2018, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 11,438 times
I have a question regarding a very strange Amazon interview/situation involving a family member. This person had a great initial HR/recruiter phone screen, then another great call with someone in the department, then one additional was due before coming in to do the rounds with the team, etc. During the last phone screen, I was in the same office and overheard the call while working. It seemed to go very well. The recruiter emailed saying they'd started organizing the in-person rounds. Then, silence.

After a lengthy period of time without a word, a recruiter I know was able to pull up some notes from the final phone interview. The answers did not match what was said at all. In fact, the answers looked insane. No one would behave this way or talk like this during an interview. As a witness to the call, I can say absolutely that the person on the other end had lied. (The recruiter did say this was a sort of strange, insular group.) I didn't want to jeopardize the recruiter who had shared the information with me, and my shocked family member just wanted to let it go and forget the place altogether.

Fast-forward three years later, however, and they found a role that would be a perfect fit and applied again. They also connected with contacts who had since moved into Amazon who also thought they were a lock.

Being skeptical, I reached out to a different recruiter I know in the org. This person had a hard time even finding the candidate profile, saying it appeared to be hidden. Upon finding it and looking at the notes, the recruiter said it didn't seem likely my family member would EVER be considered for a job within Amazon. That's how bad this one interview looks. Banned for life. Here's the creepiest part: About 30 minutes after this recruiter looked at the profile, someone appeared at said recruiter's desk asking why they'd looked at it. Person asked all kinds of questions which caused the recruiter to be flustered and freaked out. Recruiter said nothing like that had ever happened before. It couldn't be the guy who'd lied - he'd already left Amazon. Weird, right? What kind of Men In Black situation are they running over there?

My family member is a straight arrow with an impeccable employment history, great skills and contacts, no enemies (really) or sketchy background whatsoever, and would be a win for the organization. They want to let this go, but I've read too much Hardy Boys and just can't. Can anyone shed some light on what might have happened here? Please feel free to message privately if you prefer. I am truly baffled, even after all these years.

Old 03-20-2018, 03:16 PM

2,064 posts, read 4,433,014 times
I don't work at AMZN and have no insight but I'm fairly certain that AMZN does log and keep track of everything that recruiters do and if they access a file that they aren't working on (they aren't the assigned recruiter, etc.) then it probably raises a flag because the recruiter could be looking up personal information, etc.

It's the same type of system for the support team that logs everything so that a phone support rep doesn't start snooping around to see what orders have been placed by <celebrity, ex-spouse, enemy, friend, etc.>.

And in this case, the recruiter accessed a particularly sensitive file if the interviewee was flagged. This would be sort of like looking at an HR file for someone who was fired, etc.

There was one case at AMZN where a support person kept looking at this one person's file every single day for weeks. This definitely raised a red flag so they paid a visit to the person's desk. They found that the person had bookmarked that page because that page was the first case that the person worked on. They reprimanded and said not to bookmark that individual page and that was that.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:52 AM

1 posts, read 10,876 times
Does anyone know what it means if after a phone interview your withdraw button disappears? It says I'm still under review even though the withdraw button is gone? Should I dare to hope?

Old 06-23-2018, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 10,057 times
Default Future Prospect

Hi,

Has anyone here had their job status change to “future prospect”? Did you get the job? What does this mean in Amazon’s recruitment profile.

Thanks in anticipation.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:44 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,859,101 times
I have a phone interview with Amazon soon. What percent of applicants get phone interview? And what percent of applicants get through to second phone interview and then on-site interview? Not really expecting anyone to know percentages, but would be interested in hearing how many here made it past initial phone interview.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:26 PM

3 posts, read 23,346 times
Question Amazon application status

I submitted my job application for Area Manager with Amazon and my application status changed to "Future Prospect"
Who had a status like this one? What Happened Next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area