Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2018, 08:21 PM

13,059 posts, read 7,493,946 times

Advertisements

Go to the Seattle forum. There is Amazon sticky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 09:36 PM

3 posts, read 23,346 times
I submitted my job application for Area Manager with Amazon and my application status changed to "Future Prospect"
Who had a status like this one? What Happened Next?

Old 09-11-2018, 09:38 PM

3 posts, read 23,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefftiny View Post
Hi,

Has anyone here had their job status change to “future prospect”? Did you get the job? What does this mean in Amazon’s recruitment profile?

Thanks in anticipation.
I have the same question

Old 10-14-2018, 10:57 PM

1 posts, read 6,860 times
Hi, I have a bit of a long (and still ongoing) interview process with Amazon, and feel like to say my experience has been a bit strange has been an understatement. Not really looking for an answer to a specific question, but was hoping to gain some insight or advice from anyone who may understand any internal politics or can shed light on what they think might be more behind the scenes aspects of my interview experience so far. I'll try to explain briefly as possible.

I live in Seattle and had a friend and current Amazon employee refer me for 2 open positions at the end of July/early August 2018. Both were Global Trade Compliance related roles. One was based here in Seattle, the other was in Gdansk, Poland. I was out of the country and didn't give a second thought for about a month until the beginning of September, when I received recruiting emails for both positions asking me to interview. Both came within days of each other. I began setting up both interviews. I had a fairly quick turnaround with the Seattle position for a phone interview. Meanwhile, a scheduled interview for the team in Poland was pushed back after needing to be rescheduled.

A week or so later, I was offered to come in for an onsite interview in Seattle. I had still not heard back about a confirmation to reschedule my initial phone screen with the EU team (the recruiter was unresponsive after I sent my revised availability, my friend who had referred me even emailed the hiring manager and informed him that I had not heard back for almost 2 weeks and after I emailed the recruiter a couple of times unsuccessfully). Finally, about 2 weeks after last contact with the EU recruiter, I received an email from a new recruiter in the EU scheduling me with a new phone screen. I was not sure at this point whether or not either recruiter knew of my process with the other team, and didn't want to necessarily mention it, but at some point in speaking with my US based recruiter, I felt the need to divulge this in case it affected the process. Ideally, I wanted to see both processes through if all possible. Truthfully, I was more interested in the position in the EU. My recruiter here told me she was not sure if this was possible, and essentially hinted that I could only move forward in one as the US based team could not wait. I told her I was willing to withdraw from the US interview process, but she informed me that I should continue. Subsequently the following day, she let me know she had "cancelled" my interview with the EU team. I let her know I didn't want to cancel it, but didn't hear back. I ended up having the EU phone screen as scheduled the day before my onsite with Amazon in Seattle.

After my onsite in Seattle (which went mostly well, IMO), I received an email from a THIRD recruiter in the EU telling me they wanted to move forward and inviting me to a virtual set of interviews with their team in Poland. I was given a tentative pair of dates to have multiple interviews, and was told she would get back to me with a final confirmation and names of the team members who would interview me. That same week, I was offered the position in Seattle, and the recruiter here told me that the team in the EU wouldn't be able to continue with their interviews due to difficulties with the relocation part of this (I'm a US citizen) and that he had spoken with "someone".

To wrap up, my offer with the Seattle team is pending an official contract receipt by myself, but I've gotten the offer details which is quite good and doubles my current salary here in Seattle. The downside, of course, is I feel I was a bit sabotaged with the other position and given the fact I have no closure there, something doesn't feel right. It seems like too much of a coincidence to me that the day I received the offer, I was told I could no longer continue with the EU position, even though I had mentioned to them multiple times it was my first choice. Additionally, I emailed the recruiter in the EU who has yet to get back to me to officially confirm the dates she gave me, but I haven't even been told this from the EU at all, which seems strange as well. As of now, my interview with the EU team would be in a week.

I of course feel as though I should just accept the position in Seattle, and can perhaps look to transfer internally anyway. However, the entire process seemed riddled with inconsistencies and I am just left wondering what may have happened behind the scenes.

Can anyone shed any light on this at all?

Thanks!

Old 10-20-2018, 03:22 AM

8 posts, read 15,497 times
I’m thinking about working in Amazon and heard different opinions about this Company. I had a mixed opinion but thanks to LMB comment I see that it’s worth to try. I think it depends on the person how will you treat your work. Do you agree with me?

Old 01-17-2019, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 5,849 times
Hi everyone,
Wondering if anybody is in a situation similar to mine. Have you applied to a position on Amazon, been through the interview process and then all of a sudden being put "on hold"? Everything is on hold, I have been told, and I am not even sure what that means. The only thing they can tell me is that they liked my interviews and as soon as the hold is lifted, I will hear from them. They don't know for how long everything will be on hold...
Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 01-18-2019, 01:18 PM

12,805 posts, read 9,532,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONA001 View Post
I submitted my job application for Area Manager with Amazon and my application status changed to "Future Prospect"
Who had a status like this one? What Happened Next?
Is area manager sales?

Old 01-20-2019, 04:43 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,190,762 times
Holy cow! This thread started in 2007! And Amazon is a strong as ever 12 years later. And Mrs Bezos is 138 billion dollars richer.

Just wondering if the hiring process in this thread is still relevant? I'm thinking about pursuing a career with Amazon so was looking to this thread for some answers.
Cliff Notes maybe?

Old 01-21-2019, 07:59 PM

13,059 posts, read 7,493,946 times
^ be careful, you may end up in DC or in NYC.
Son got a new boss. I asked him if new boss is from MSFT? DS said that in this town, practically everybody is either from AMZN / MSFT; Or will go to AMZN / MSFT.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:00 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,190,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
^ be careful, you may end up in DC or in NYC.
Son got a new boss. I asked him if new boss is from MSFT? DS said that in this town, practically everybody is either from AMZN / MSFT; Or will go to AMZN / MSFT.
Never happen. I'll move to tent city before I move to the wrong coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area