Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2019, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 25,825 times

Advertisements

I worked for Amazon as a contractor in the music department. After my contract I applied for the job that I was doing. I heard back that they were interested. I had a coffee date and two interviews that went very well. I was told that the recruiter would be in contact about moving forward with the final interview. I was ignored for almost 2 months after that until one day the hiring manager emailed me and said she wasn't in that role any more and they connected me with the person who was. So I start all over with the new hiring manager. We do a coffee meeting and interview for about an hour, we vibed really well and he said he wasn't interested in making the job "public". I tell him I'm having a kid in April so I need to know a timeframe for at least the next interview as soon as possible and even if its bad news to let me know. He was adamant that he would let me know either way and said "Dont feel bad if you have to keep pinging me" (which is annoying). That was 2 weeks ago and I've sent 4 follow up emails... no reply. They've basically been dragging me along since November and I'm highly annoyed to the point where I don't even think I want the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2019, 09:17 PM

206 posts, read 186,310 times
If only I had bought stock when this thread was first started. (I'm sure someone in here already said that)

Old 04-10-2019, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 25,338 times
Unhappy Amazon Interview Rejection

Hey Guys,
So, I interviewed for a L4/L5 (not sure) Business Analyst role part of the Amazon Transportation Service. I cleared my phone interviews and had my on-site loop in Seattle last week (it took 3 months to come to this stage). I personally felt I did quite well- especially the bar raiser and the hiring manager interviews. I had prepared well to answer their behavioral questions! My first three rounds were 100% behavioral questions and I managed it pretty well! My last round is where I fumbled a bit. It was a technical round and although I answered well to their SQL questions, I fumbled with Tableau related questions( I guess i probably had a brain fade since I couldn't answer few basic tableau questions). I got a call from the recruiter today saying that they are moving forward with another candidate who they felt was more aligned to the role. When I asked for feedback she mentioned they honestly don't have much feedback- the interviewers were impressed with my skills and background but the other candidate is just a better fit for this particular role. She also mentioned that I can start reapplying right away to similar roles and even asked me to send across job ids for her to pass on to the HM.
Honestly, the whole process has been exhausting - it took me over 3 months to come to this stage and I am feeling absolutely gutted getting a reject having come this far!

I have a few questions:

1) Do you think they genuinely don't have a feedback? or is she just giving a standard reply to dodge providing an actual feedback?
2) Do you guys think they will consider me if I start applying to similar roles right away? although I would love to work for Amazon some day, I am a little skeptic how it will turn out if I start reapplying immediately!

Appreciate any help!

Thanks

Old 04-18-2019, 04:19 PM

1 posts, read 25,325 times
Hi everyone,

I just did my 2nd phone interview with Amazon. I noticed that my application status has changed from “Under Consideration” to “Application Submitted”. What does this mean?

Thanks!

Old 04-18-2019, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 25,409 times
Default Amazon interview

Yeah i had my phone interview yesterday and my status changed from under consideration to application submitted does it mean they are moving further with my application?

Old 06-29-2019, 08:30 PM

11 posts, read 45,421 times
Hello everyone - I followed this thread a while ago (Jan this year) when my husband was contacted by an Amazon recruiter. I have since registered as a member and would like to say hi!

We live in Australia, and waiting for our citizenship approval. Australians are eligible for this visa called E3 to work in the US, which is much easier & faster than normal H1B.

An Amazon recruiter contacted my husband in Jan for a hiring event here in AU, and after an online exam, he asked my husband to fill in a form, where he said that he was not an Aussie national. The recruiter sent him an on-site invite, then recalled it. He later explained that my hubby's profile is great for a tech Senior Manager position of a particular field, however, they didn't have opening at that time and said they would come back in July, and would contact him then.

Now as July is coming, another Amazon recruiter contacted my husband for a hiring event in AU. After sending his CV, recruiter again asked his citizenship status in AU. Again, he's still not AU national yet. And all went quiet.

I would very much appreciate it if anyone could share their knowledge:
- Does Amazon care about visa status that much? Do they care & be patient enough to sponsor H1B or similar? I am surprised since I thought they do sponsor H1B for engineers. Why not managers?
- If somehow we obtain US PR, does that improve his employment prospect in the US?

I'm very interested in going to the US because salary level is higher than AU. And I would love to live in different countries.

Thanks a lot.

Old 11-14-2019, 02:33 PM

455 posts, read 578,191 times
I am wondering, if you are a local to Seattle and interview for a position. Would that be considered a plus?

Old 11-20-2019, 12:20 AM

2,539 posts, read 1,907,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker1234 View Post
I am wondering, if you are a local to Seattle and interview for a position. Would that be considered a plus?
My daughter works at Amazon Seattle and, from what she has seen, being local doesn't seem to matter one way or the other in a hiring decision.

Old 02-01-2020, 07:53 AM

1 posts, read 19,816 times
Default Amazon in-person interview tips

Hi all,

I am scheduled for an on-site interview at Amazon at the end of February for a Data Linguist position. I was wondering if anyone who has been successful at interviewing for this job could share his/her experience.

If you could tell which behavioral questions to expect (a sample of your answers would be fantastic, too!), and if they ask any technical queries, etc.

Truly appreciate any input.

Best,
Alec

Old 05-06-2020, 04:35 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,859,101 times
-- Recruiter 1 contacted me on March 27. I had applied for a manger role earlier on the same day. She wanted me to answer around 20 mostly short questions before continuing the process. I replied on the same day.

-- Recruiter 1 contacted me again on March 30 and asked me to further elaborate on compensation expectations. I replied on the same day.

-- Got automated e-mail on April 2 requested me to fill out a few phone interview availability dates and time slots. I did so on the same day.

-- Recruiter 2 contacted me on April 8, saying that none of the days and time slots I preferred would work. I responded on the same day that I am open for a phone interview on any weekday from 10am-5pm Pacific. He e-mailed me back on the same day and thanked me and said he would get back to me.

-- Automated system sent me a phone interview confirmation on April 9. Interview scheduled for April 21.

-- Recruiter 1 contacted me again on April 13 to further elaborate on compensation expectations. I replied on the same day and told her that I already answered this before and was also scheduled for a first phone interview. She did not reply.

-- Had first phone interview on April 21 with Employee 1. Went great.

-- Recruiter 3 e-mailed me on April 27 and said that the "team" enjoyed speaking to me during the first phone interview. She asked for availability dates and times for the second phone interview. I replied on the same day and said that I was available from 9:30am-5pm Pacific on any weekday.

-- After waiting for 10 days, I sent Recruiter 3 an e-mail today (May 6) to see if they had managed to schedule my second phone interview. I also noticed that in the online Amazon Jobs interface, my application was moved to "Archived" where it is labeled as "No Longer under Consideration". I have been checking that almost every day, so it switched over some time this week.

Very disappointed, but still hoping they will schedule phone interview 2 and this is just a temporary hiccup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area