Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2013, 06:59 AM

11 posts, read 62,523 times

Advertisements

Rejected...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 07:56 AM

10 posts, read 27,514 times
Default Weird Amazon Interview Process..Any Amazonians here??

So i went through 2 phone Interview Process and have on site interview for Monday..there were almost 20days b/w my phone and Onsite Interview, and yesterday there was call with recruiter and she mention to me that Position i applied for is already been taken with some internal amazonian..what the hell????
I have one day left for onsite and you are telling me position is gone!!!
She said she will try for same role in diff group but same group has diff position they can interview me for..offcourse thats not the good position as compare to what i applied for..
Not sure what to do,,,is it Normal with amazon process...shld i be worried???
Any light on this please i am bit tense ..Amazon is my dream company ..and yes i dint apply for IT position,this was non -it

Old 05-03-2013, 08:58 AM

2,064 posts, read 4,434,781 times
hold tight. the might find another position for you to interview for since you passed the phone screen process.

amazon isn't like other companies in that we don't have 1 opening, interview a bunch of candidates, pick out our favorite X, re-interview X for the next round, narrow down our finalists to 2-3, interview them yet again for another round, then make an offer to the winner.

we typically interview and if the person meets the bar then we just go forward with hiring right after the debrief.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:03 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,831,526 times
Keep trying! It took my husband 2 years, many phone interviews (Apple, Google, etc) and 4 onsite interviews (2 with Amazon and 2 with Microsoft) and he was hired 6 weeks ago. I know how depressing it can be, but hang in there....good luck!

Old 05-04-2013, 12:14 AM

53 posts, read 117,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post
hold tight. the might find another position for you to interview for since you passed the phone screen process.

amazon isn't like other companies in that we don't have 1 opening, interview a bunch of candidates, pick out our favorite X, re-interview X for the next round, narrow down our finalists to 2-3, interview them yet again for another round, then make an offer to the winner.

we typically interview and if the person meets the bar then we just go forward with hiring right after the debrief.
I'm always baffled by getting noticed by Amazon. I got a marketing degree two years ago and have been working in the banking industry since graduation, but I would move mountains to work for Amazon. Not because of the salary (that would be nice but not necessary) but because of the prestige that the company presents itself as.

The simple fact is my resume doesn't contain the "buzz words" that are required when you apply for any job now a days. And even when I include those words, nothing seems to change. You gotta know someone to get a shot at an interview.

It's a shame, I moved to Seattle from NC in hopes of getting a marketing position at a company like Amazon.

Here's hoping all goes well for your interview process!

Old 05-04-2013, 09:09 AM

338 posts, read 847,787 times
My husband didn't know anyone. Amazon sought him out and hired him after 1 interview, so no, you don't have to know someone to get a shot. Hang in there.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:53 AM

1,006 posts, read 2,215,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaonevar View Post
My husband didn't know anyone. Amazon sought him out and hired him after 1 interview, so no, you don't have to know someone to get a shot. Hang in there.

But it helps....a lot.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:18 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,992 times
This just in from my neck of the woods from the Lehigh Valley of eastern Pennsylvania.

Amazon warehouse worker lawsuit can proceed - mcall.com

"" Amazon warehouse worker lawsuit can proceed, court rules

Long security lines at Amazon warehouses could cost company more than $100 million, attorneys say. ""

Old 05-04-2013, 07:03 PM

57 posts, read 119,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaonevar View Post

Have to say My husband too didn't know anyone. Amazon sought him out he passed the first two phone interviews and they flew him out and he didn't get the job. Then they called him for another job two or three phone interviews, flew him out and he got the job. So no, you don't have to know someone.

If you aren't getting the job then you need to see what you can do to improve yourself. Find out what you want to do and practice interviewing it is tough but hang in you never know what will happen.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:03 PM

1,651 posts, read 2,783,390 times
If you really want to work there, then getting your foot in the door is not a bad thing, even if it's not the position you applied for. Hey, at least they like you enough to keep going forward with the process. At some companies it might mean you'll be stuck in a group or place you don't want to be, but not at Amazon. You're expected to grow and move around - usually every 2-3 years. That's for a technical person - not sure if that holds true for management or marketing..

(FWIW, I don't work there, but have a number of friends who do/have)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area