Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2013, 04:25 PM

338 posts, read 847,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiegrenda View Post
Does anyone know if there is a mandatory wait time between interviewing and not getting the job to when you can be considered for another interview for Amazon?
I don't know about every department but I do know that Amazon shares interviews internally. If you are passed over for a job and they didn't like something in the interview or didn't feel you were a good fit, everyone at Amazon will know that. They won't even consider hiring you for another year. At least, that's how my husband's SDE department works. Seems to be part of the company hiring plan he's followed when interviewing possible new hires.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 07:21 AM

312 posts, read 732,603 times
I read through the thread and I am sorry if it is a repeat....but are they just as persnickety with the hiring of their Administrative Assistants? As well, I am 50 now and have many years experience, will this help or hurt me? Would one say they are age discriminating?

Old 12-04-2013, 03:21 PM

1 posts, read 15,794 times
I got an email from my amazon recruiter saying set some time up to sync on candidacy ( after my onsite interview)- should I read this as a possible offer or a polite no?

Old 01-08-2014, 01:09 AM

32 posts, read 54,667 times
Hello everyone,

I have been reading this thread from past many days, since I was in the hiring process with Amazon. I now have got an offer from them. I am really excited but I am not sure if my compensation is good enough. My position will be of Data Engineer and the base salary is in upper 80s. Now I know that the base salary can be negotiated, but what about the other components? Are joining bonus and the stock options negotiable too? I just want to understand how transparent the HR process is? Is is like Amazon will offer same joining bonus and stock to every employee who are on the same level or does the employee has to negotiate on those parts.

Any ideas/comments are welcome. Thanks

Old 01-08-2014, 11:40 PM

2,064 posts, read 4,433,613 times
Not just for Amazon but in general, it sort of depends on your position and role. Most of the entry level positions are fairly standard in terms of the offers (although you can probably negotiate a little bit). The higher up you are, the more you can negotiate.

Amazon does not age discriminate. There are plenty of folks who are "older." And yes, the interview process is fairly rigorous for all of the corporate positions including the admins. I don't know about fulfillment centers.

Old 01-19-2014, 11:28 PM

70 posts, read 149,003 times
Default Amazon Relocation PAckage

I am looking for information regarding relocation package at Amazon for global relocation (specifically India to US). I understand there are two packages - a lumpsum and a package wherein Amazon takes care of all expenses.

I have the following questions : I am looking for numbers, please ! A range of figures will also help.

- What is the lumpsum generally offered ? Does this depend upon position hired for ? Is it negotiable ?

- In case of taking the package where Amazon does everything, I believe they do offer a cash component to offset buying expenses for incidentals. How much is this ? Is this negotiable (for example, if we chose to not have anything shipped from India - we will need the temp acco and rental help etc, though) ?

- Does Amazon help in securing a loan or lease for a car ? We will have no US credit history so getting to loan/lease a car directly from dealers looks out of the question.

I'd love to hear from others who moved from outside US to Seattle as well. In our situation, given that I'll be without a job and we may have to buy a car outright initially (atleast 10 K), looks like the next year will pretty much be a financial washout in terms of savings for us.. we are still considering if the move will help long term.

Thanks in advance !

Old 01-20-2014, 07:25 AM

70 posts, read 149,003 times
Default Amazon international relocation

I am looking for information regarding relocation package at Amazon for international relocation (specifically India to US). I understand there are two packages - a lumpsum and a package wherein Amazon takes care of all expenses.

I have the following questions : I am looking for numbers, please ! A range of figures will also help.

- What is the lumpsum generally offered ? Does this depend upon position hired for ? Is it negotiable ?

- In case of taking the package where Amazon does everything, I believe they do offer a cash component to offset buying expenses for incidentals. How much is this ? Is this negotiable (for example, if we chose to not have anything shipped from India - we will need the temp acco and rental help etc, though) ?

- Does Amazon help in securing a loan or lease for a car ? We will have no US credit history so getting to loan/lease a car directly from dealers looks out of the question.

I'd love to hear from others who moved from outside US to Seattle as well. In our situation, given that I'll be without a job and we may have to buy a car outright initially (atleast 10 K), looks like the next year will pretty much be a financial washout in terms of savings for us.. we are still considering if the move will help long term.

Thanks in advance !

PS: I had put this up in the Megathread but wasnt sure most people would go there....

Old 01-20-2014, 05:02 PM

I don't know about International, but for national relocation, they offered us a lump sum of $10,000 or they cover all it. We took the latter because our move was gonna cost more than $10K. Two adults, 2 cars, and 3 cats later, we were moved. Their relocation for us covered a set amount for flying us and the cats up here, they moved our vehicles, covered a rental car until our vehicles arrived, helped us sell our house, helped us buy a house, and put us up in temp housing for a few months while we looked.
As far as I know, the relocation packages have Tiers based on your job. Tier I will cover certain things. Tier II will cover more, etc.
All of that should be sent to you in a HUGE pdf they send out to new hires.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:04 PM

Oh, they also covered various moving related costs and such with the latter choice as well. Based on my math, Amazon probably spent like $25-30K moving us and all that. Much better deal than the $10K.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:06 PM

I replied to this in the mega thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area