Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2014, 06:12 PM

70 posts, read 148,946 times

Advertisements

Thanks kaonevar - I assume the 10 K as pre-tax ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 02:49 PM

338 posts, read 847,433 times
Yes, pre-tax. And Amazon will hold 20% taxes from anything they give you (signing bonus, moving expenses, etc.), even if you don't make enough to warrant a 20% hold. It's there way of covering their butts and making sure the taxes are paid.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:44 PM

192 posts, read 423,448 times
Unfortunately you are not going to get many responses since all employees sign a confidentiality agreement and are not going to risk their job. Good luck!

Old 01-22-2014, 10:52 AM

There is nothing in the confidentiality agreement that says you cannot answer general questions about relocation. No one (yet anyway) is going to promise the answers are true for his position. I gave a general overview of some of what Amazon offers, all of which is public knowledge btw. If he wants specifics, he needs to talk to HR, but he can ask general questions. Nothing against that.
Heck, Amazon even tells their workers that they can discuss some of the benefits of working for Amazon in an attempt to lure more people into working for Amazon.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:01 PM

192 posts, read 423,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaonevar View Post
There is nothing in the confidentiality agreement that says you cannot answer general questions about relocation. No one (yet anyway) is going to promise the answers are true for his position. I gave a general overview of some of what Amazon offers, all of which is public knowledge btw. If he wants specifics, he needs to talk to HR, but he can ask general questions. Nothing against that.
Heck, Amazon even tells their workers that they can discuss some of the benefits of working for Amazon in an attempt to lure more people into working for Amazon.
I wasn't referring to your specific post, I was just letting him know he wasn't going to get specifics since financial info cannot be discussed . Plus , most packages are not the same anyway.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaJ412 View Post
I wasn't referring to your specific post, I was just letting him know he wasn't going to get specifics since financial info cannot be discussed . Plus , most packages are not the same anyway.
Agreed.
Also, that's why in my reply to him in the mega-thread, I talked about the relocation package tiers. Amazon relocation tends to be based on your job. They assign you to one of the tier packages, if any, based on that. So he's aware of that.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:20 AM

392 posts, read 806,640 times
I Have an job interview next week (phone)

Old 01-26-2014, 08:34 AM

anyone has an a idea what should be offer for this type of position?
Amazon.com: Senior Technical Program Manager- Amazon Marketplace

Last edited by vrhunski; 01-26-2014 at 09:40 AM..

Old 01-29-2014, 03:55 PM

What should be expected from first phone interview?
any toughs ?

Old 01-29-2014, 04:20 PM

7 posts, read 19,479 times
When people talk about Amazon flying them out for their on-site interview - are these higher up positions? And is that the same with the relocation packages too? I know someone mentioned there are different tiers for the relo packages, but I'm curious who gets these. I would be looking at applying for legal assistant positions soon, as my bf and I plan to move to Seattle this spring (late Apr/early May). Doesn't seem like that kind of position would be worthy of either of those perks. And I'm not sure if I missed this after reading the entire thread, but about how long does it take from the time you apply until you get the first interview? Lots of info once people get the interview, but just curious about that part too, since I wouldn't want to apply too soon, or wait too long and not at least be interviewing by the time we get there. Any info on any of this would be much appreciated!! And if anyone has any idea what an offer might look like for that kind of position, that would be great too! Thanks in advance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area