Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 12:41 PM

2 posts, read 10,983 times

Advertisements

I went to Seattle for last round interviews, late last year. An internal candidate just squeezed me out.
I was contacted again for an initial HR interview for another position, which was not a good fit. Now I'm under consideration again for another position ,which is a better fit.
Has any one here made it through on a second or third attempt? I was curious to know if things are tougher when they consider you a second or third time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 03:23 PM

338 posts, read 849,022 times
Depends on the team, but yes--typically second and third interviews are harder. If they are considering you again, chances are they really like something about you and are trying to find a way to fit you in somewhere.
No guarantee--just my thoughts.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:00 AM

49 posts, read 174,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armiva View Post
Does anyone know how much margin for negotiation Amazon allows. The sign-on bonus is excellent but I would like a bit more base pay. Is 5K more base pay something that seems feasible? I am not sure how to negotiate with so many variables (base pay, sign on bonus, RSU's etc)
Varies by team. Doesn't hurt to try.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:05 AM

49 posts, read 174,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
So, what are the people like in Amazon? DB's or bunch of laid back guys who knows how to get stuff done?
Varies by team. On the whole, very capable at all job families with some outliers. Amazon aims to hire leaders, they are very serious about it - every interview (regardless of phone screen or on-site) assesses one or more leadership principles.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:46 AM

2 posts, read 10,782 times
Default Missed the onsite interviews because of Visa

Hi all,
I was contacted by an amazon recruiter back in November via my linkedIn account. I Passed 2 telephonic interviews and was invited for an onsite interview in Seattle for 2 potential positions in Seattle and Vancouver.

Since I am Canadian Permanent Resident (Yet to get a Canadian citizenship), I had to obtain US Visa. At the day of the Visa Interview (back in January), I was told that my Visa might be delayed due to Administrative Process.

In the same day I notified the team in Seattle with my visa status, after 3 days they advised me to follow up with Vancouver team since work permit may take long time. Since then my US Visa was approved but I was unable to get a clear status of my recruitment from either teams.

Today, I went to Amazon Careers and tried to create an account. I noticed that my email was already registered and my account had applied for 3 positions (The Seattle one, the Vancouver one and a 3rd one that I have never heard about it). All the positions were showing a status as Reviewed, Not Selected. I am amused and hope somebody can help me understand what is happening.

Thanks.

NB: I have clearly notified the Seattle team when they first contacted me and before any of the interviews that I don't a US Work permit and that Amazon has to sponsor me.

Old 02-12-2014, 03:57 PM

392 posts, read 807,914 times
@LightRing
How much time has passed between two phone interviews ?

Old 02-12-2014, 04:36 PM

2 posts, read 10,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrhunski View Post
@LightRing
How much time has passed between two phone interviews ?
The first phone interview was in November 22nd, the 2nd phone interview was in December 4th, My Visa interview appointment was in Jan 16th due to holidays and long queues in Toronto.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:40 PM

4 posts, read 14,705 times
Default Amazon's Health Insurance - Autism

Hey guys! I'm new to the board, but has a question regarding Amazon's health insurance benefits. My husband is applying for a job there, and I want to make sure that my children (both with Autism ages 5 and 4) will have great schools to go to. I came upon Lakeside Center for Autism in Issaquah. I'm wondering if Amazon's health insurance benefits might help pay to send my 4 year old there?

TIA.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:31 AM

338 posts, read 849,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsClintA View Post
Hey guys! I'm new to the board, but has a question regarding Amazon's health insurance benefits. My husband is applying for a job there, and I want to make sure that my children (both with Autism ages 5 and 4) will have great schools to go to. I came upon Lakeside Center for Autism in Issaquah. I'm wondering if Amazon's health insurance benefits might help pay to send my 4 year old there?

TIA.
To my recollection, there were at least 6 different insurance plans when we signed up for benefits. Considering those 6 plans were very detailed, that's not really a question I think anyone can answer. You'd have to talk to HR to find that out.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:13 PM

2 posts, read 10,425 times
Hi All-

I've had two telephone interviews the last two days and was just called for an in person interview on Tuesday.

I would not be working in the technology side of things, I have a Bachelor's in Safety Management and would be working in the distribution center.

I am somewhat concerned about the salaries as I have heard both extremely positive things and very negative as well. In the first email from the recruiter she asked my salary range stating that they didn't want to waste anyone's time and I gave her my preferred range and they moved me to the first phone interview. Does this mean that the salary was acceptable to them? I do not want to make an all day trip to be offered 20-30k less than I requested but I assume that that is why that is why they ask that question in the first place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area