Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-23-2014, 10:55 PM
 
27 posts, read 95,393 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KdubsNW View Post
Hi

Amazon flew me out after 4 phone interviews in October 2012 and I did not get an offer. The job paid below my salary and was lower level but I was still considering it.

Does anyone know if they will interview the same person twice? There are some other positions that interest me and I'd like to try again but don't know if I'd be considered again.

Thanks

As far as I know, they will consider you again for the same role( i.e SDE ) as well after a period of time usually 6-12 months .This is same for all the tech companies.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-25-2014, 12:34 PM
 
Location: Fredericksburg, Virginia
298 posts, read 565,241 times
Reputation: 161
Is there anything at amazon for a teacher?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2014, 08:31 PM
 
4 posts, read 14,691 times
Reputation: 10
My husband applied for an open position with Amazon (turned in application/resume with referral) on Feb 19. We've not heard anything since, except an email letting my husband know that they received application/resume.

How long do they normally wait for a first interview? Do they usually notify applicants if the position has been filled?
TIA.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2014, 12:25 AM
 
49 posts, read 174,586 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by katfzl View Post
Is there anything at amazon for a teacher?
Depending on your background, you could try to apply for a Recruiting Coordinator (or Sourcer) position - I've seen that transition be successful before.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2014, 10:23 AM
 
1 posts, read 6,971 times
Reputation: 10
Hi everyone,
I have been contacted and interviewed in a recruitment event of Amazon in the Europe. I got an excellent offer with signing on bonus, stock, and relocation package. However I am not really ready to relocate because of a family reason. So, if I turn down the offer, will I get another chance in the future when I can arrange my life? I think my interview feed backs were very good according to the recruitment manager.
Thanks
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2014, 01:27 PM
 
1 posts, read 6,695 times
Reputation: 10
Hi All,
I gave my onsite interviews on Monday and the recruiter told me that she will get in touch with me with the result before the weekend. Its already Friday today but no update till now. I tried to call her and email her, but no response. Do I consider it as a reject? My interviews were ok, although I didnt ace them but I didnt do bad as well. How long should I wait? Extremely anxious!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2014, 05:26 PM
 
2 posts, read 13,696 times
Reputation: 10
Here is my amazing Amazon story:

So I applied for a finance position and got email from recruiter (let's call her recruiter A) 2 months go saying there are several positions available with finance and the team would like to interview me, i had the first phone interview mid-january, next day recruiter A emailed me back saying we would like to schedule a second phone interview, this time with a manager, couple of days later i get an email asking when i can talk to HR about comp and relocation assistance (am thinking i must have really aced the second call and they would make me an offer), so i schedule a call with recruiter B, but recruiter B was actually recruiter C who went on to ask about my salary expectations and informed me i would be invited for on-site interview which would be coordinated by Recruiter D, Recruiter D shoots me an email saying she will get back to me in couple of days, but i dont hear for a week, i check back with recruiter D and she emails me the dates but would forward me the itenary within 2 days, about 5 days pass and 48 hours before my supposed departure i email again and she gives me the logistics.

The onsite was 3 hours long with three managers and a senior which i thought went well, one of the guys was nice enough to let me know they would hold the debrief in 6 days and i shouldn't expect to hear from HR for at least a week (there was presidents day holiday that week)...i don't hear anything for 10 days so i reach back to recuiter A, who informs me the "team" would like me to talk to a director but nothing specific about the call, i talk to a director couple of days later who says i got a good feedback and they are trying to find a role for me but not sure on the next steps, another 10 days i dont hear for a thing so i reach back to recruiter A who says she will reach out to the 'team' and would let me know of my status.

Same night recruiter C calls me asking if recruiter B called, i said no and she says the "team" likes me and would like to proceed to the "offer stage of the process", it was a generous offer, upper number of my range with a signing bonus, but states amazon does not typically offer relocation, i state it would be hard for me to move without relocation assistance just i stated in my prior call with her before my on-site interview, she said she would put in my offer for approval and would get back to me the following week. I didn't hear back for another couple of weeks and didnt have her contact information either, so i reach back to recruiter A who informs me the "team' is still determing where they would need someone and if they need someone, they would get back to me.

Can someone please interpret what this is all about, i still don't know where i stand or what am even interviewing for, it's been quite a stressful process specially with the lack of communication and general lack of courtesy among their recruiting crew, am thinking of moving on with my life and forgeting about the whole thing. i currently have a job, but it's really frustrating as i have invested 2 months of my life into this process and i feel like am being toyed with, am not an intern, i have 5 years of experiance including stints at companies 30% larger than amazon, I kind of wish they had rejected me outright after the onsite and i would not have to deal with this uncertainty 4 weeks later.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2014, 11:31 PM
 
49 posts, read 174,586 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuma View Post
Here is my amazing Amazon story:

So I applied for a finance position and got email from recruiter (let's call her recruiter A) 2 months go saying there are several positions available with finance and the team would like to interview me, i had the first phone interview mid-january, next day recruiter A emailed me back saying we would like to schedule a second phone interview, this time with a manager, couple of days later i get an email asking when i can talk to HR about comp and relocation assistance (am thinking i must have really aced the second call and they would make me an offer), so i schedule a call with recruiter B, but recruiter B was actually recruiter C who went on to ask about my salary expectations and informed me i would be invited for on-site interview which would be coordinated by Recruiter D, Recruiter D shoots me an email saying she will get back to me in couple of days, but i dont hear for a week, i check back with recruiter D and she emails me the dates but would forward me the itenary within 2 days, about 5 days pass and 48 hours before my supposed departure i email again and she gives me the logistics.

The onsite was 3 hours long with three managers and a senior which i thought went well, one of the guys was nice enough to let me know they would hold the debrief in 6 days and i shouldn't expect to hear from HR for at least a week (there was presidents day holiday that week)...i don't hear anything for 10 days so i reach back to recuiter A, who informs me the "team" would like me to talk to a director but nothing specific about the call, i talk to a director couple of days later who says i got a good feedback and they are trying to find a role for me but not sure on the next steps, another 10 days i dont hear for a thing so i reach back to recruiter A who says she will reach out to the 'team' and would let me know of my status.

Same night recruiter C calls me asking if recruiter B called, i said no and she says the "team" likes me and would like to proceed to the "offer stage of the process", it was a generous offer, upper number of my range with a signing bonus, but states amazon does not typically offer relocation, i state it would be hard for me to move without relocation assistance just i stated in my prior call with her before my on-site interview, she said she would put in my offer for approval and would get back to me the following week. I didn't hear back for another couple of weeks and didnt have her contact information either, so i reach back to recruiter A who informs me the "team' is still determing where they would need someone and if they need someone, they would get back to me.

Can someone please interpret what this is all about, i still don't know where i stand or what am even interviewing for, it's been quite a stressful process specially with the lack of communication and general lack of courtesy among their recruiting crew, am thinking of moving on with my life and forgeting about the whole thing. i currently have a job, but it's really frustrating as i have invested 2 months of my life into this process and i feel like am being toyed with, am not an intern, i have 5 years of experiance including stints at companies 30% larger than amazon, I kind of wish they had rejected me outright after the onsite and i would not have to deal with this uncertainty 4 weeks later.
It sounds like you passed the bar and they are recycling you because the position you interviewed for was filled in the interim. I would keep putting pressure on them. I believe you'll land somewhere, just a matter of time.

I recommend emailing all the recruiters at least once a week so they don't forget you. Also, you can bring up the possibility of them forwarding your offer to other orgs for more visibility, if the opening on this team isn't there any more.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2014, 04:07 PM
 
2 posts, read 13,696 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikester View Post
It sounds like you passed the bar and they are recycling you because the position you interviewed for was filled in the interim. I would keep putting pressure on them. I believe you'll land somewhere, just a matter of time.

I recommend emailing all the recruiters at least once a week so they don't forget you. Also, you can bring up the possibility of them forwarding your offer to other orgs for more visibility, if the opening on this team isn't there any more.
Thanks for the insight Mikester.

What does passing the bar mean? i applied and interviewed hoping to be told you are either hired or not. my worry is that i would go through this merry-go-round for 4 months and then complete forgotten about.

You might be right about them perharps filling the original position i applied for, between the second phone interview and my onsite the status changed to "reviewed no selected' and another position was added which is still 'under review', which also might explain the slow down of communication from the recruiting since my second phone interview.

I guess i will keep shooting them emails every week or so. If another role opens up with another team, do i have to go through another cycle of interviewing?

So far their recruiting practices contradicts all the Amazon Leadership Principles i have studied on before my interviews.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2014, 11:05 PM
 
49 posts, read 174,586 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuma View Post
What does passing the bar mean?
The hiring bar. In general, Amazon tries to hire people who can succeed on a variety of teams. Therefore, there is generally (but not always) a standard for a given position that is not team-specific. Hence the concept of "bar raisers" - Google this for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuma View Post
do i have to go through another cycle of interviewing?
Most likely not, unless you are being considered for a different job family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuma View Post
So far their recruiting practices contradicts all the Amazon Leadership Principles i have studied on before my interviews.
Please feel free to forward feedback regarding the interview process to your recruiters. This will help them learn.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top