Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2014, 10:22 AM

2,064 posts, read 4,433,613 times

Advertisements

Usually you're hear back by the end of the week (today) but it could take another week so sometime next week at the latest (usually).

If you're that nervous and on edge, go ahead and email your recruiter politely for an update.

RVD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 10:22 AM

11 posts, read 50,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Nonamous View Post
Can anyone help me out...I had an onsite interview at Amazon on Friday...the following Monday was Memorial Day...How long does it take to get back to you.
We are in the very same boat - on-site interview was last friday. The recruiter said she hoped to have an answer by the end of the week, but she couldn't guarantee it because the team had to find a time to meet this week. We still haven't heard anything.

Fingers crossed for both of us!

Old 05-30-2014, 11:17 AM

11 posts, read 23,861 times
How long do they typically have your resume under review? My wife has been under review for several positions for a month. Should we be happy that she's still considered or disappointed that she has yet to be contacted? Thanks in advance.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:20 AM

11 posts, read 23,861 times
Cany anyone tell me how long they typically have your resume 'under review'? My wife has been under review for several positions for about a month. We're not sure if we should be glad that she's still being considered or disappointed that she has yet to be contacted. I think having an idea of a timetable would be helpful for her nerves/ego. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:19 AM

60 posts, read 128,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeRacersFounder View Post
Cany anyone tell me how long they typically have your resume 'under review'? My wife has been under review for several positions for about a month. We're not sure if we should be glad that she's still being considered or disappointed that she has yet to be contacted. I think having an idea of a timetable would be helpful for her nerves/ego. Thanks in advance.
There's no rule for this. It depends on the scenario of each job, team, recruiter, etc. I interviewed for a few jobs before accepting and each time it took them 3-4 months to contact after I applied. But, for others it can be the next day. Don't hold your breath, just keep searching a applying.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:27 AM

16 posts, read 71,590 times
My job status page said Reviewed, Not Selected from the day the recruiter called me, and still says it to this day. And I started my job here at Amazon 2 weeks ago. So to anyone who is watching that page, take it with a grain of salt as it may not accurately reflect your true status.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:43 AM

We are still waiting to hear back after an on-site interview. The recruiter keeps pushing back the date that she'll have an answer, saying that the team had to move their meeting and then failing to follow up. I'm thinking this probably means bad news, but if the answer was no wouldn't they just say so and move on? The suspense is killing us and we'd love to make summer plans already!

Old 06-03-2014, 10:50 AM

I would say don't fret too much, if they are saying they are waiting for the sitdown then it's probably just that. If someone is on vacation or operational load pushes it, it can take a little longer. How long ago was your on-site?

Old 06-03-2014, 11:08 AM

Thanks, crum. The on-site was on 5/23, the friday before Memorial Day weekend. What's bugging me is that the recruiter will say she'll reach out on a certain day, and then there's silence.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:20 AM

Ah, yeah I had some issues with my recruiter taking a little longer than what she put out. I wouldn't be worried yet though, just call or send an email once the date she provided arrives, and keep following up until you get a new timeline or the answer. Just don't call/email multiple times a day and turn into the crazy candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area