Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 02:19 PM

615 posts, read 1,522,314 times

Advertisements

Just curious if anyone can provide me the approximate turn around time with Amazon scheduling a 2nd interview? I'm not getting anxious yet, but wanted to slightly set my mind at ease, since I still haven't heard anything.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 03:54 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,532,885 times
I think generally within the week or so. If you don't hear after 4-5 business days, ping them back. My husband actually had a really quick turnaround but that was years ago and they needed the position filled ASAP. His day long interview included about 6 interviews I think. I will have to ask him if one was a panel or not. Don't recall that it was. He had his first phone screen in late May of 2007, second pretty quickly after and then they flew him out just days later. He had the offer nailed down by mid June and he started late July 2007 so it was a pretty fast process considering we had to move our family across the country!

Old 07-08-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastrigirl View Post
I think generally within the week or so. If you don't hear after 4-5 business days, ping them back. My husband actually had a really quick turnaround but that was years ago and they needed the position filled ASAP. His day long interview included about 6 interviews I think. I will have to ask him if one was a panel or not. Don't recall that it was. He had his first phone screen in late May of 2007, second pretty quickly after and then they flew him out just days later. He had the offer nailed down by mid June and he started late July 2007 so it was a pretty fast process considering we had to move our family across the country!
Do you miss Texas? My wife's scared of leaving the southern hospitality and the BBQ. I however, insanely miss Seattle and everything the city has to offer. I miss the Cascades!

Edit - Just got the 2nd interview invitation. Movin' along nicely!

Last edited by Verio; 07-08-2011 at 04:53 PM..

Old 07-08-2011, 08:27 PM

Good for you! We mostly miss the Tex Mex and our friends and family there. We loved Austin but prefer Seattle for this phase of our lives. We are very outdoorsy and never miss a beat to be kayaking on the lake a 1/2 block away, boating on Lake Samm or WA, sailing races on Tuesdays in Lake Union, hiking in the Cascades or Issaquah Alps and in the winter, we ski every single weekend. Who wouldn't love that? Our kids were 4 and 7 when we moved and they love it here as well! They are now 8 and 11 and can't imagine living where they can't do all of that stuff anytime they want to. Also a great location for awesome road trips. Great 10 day loop down to San Fran...Cannon Beach, Whistler, Sun Valley, etc. all reasonable drives. Basically you trade heat for rain. After 12 years of either heat or rain, a change is probably in order for most Someday our goal would be to be in Austin Nov - April and here the rest of the time or Santa Barbara if we could afford that full time. My husband is a native Cali boy and lived in CO for a long time so needs either mtns or ocean to be happy. Seattle has both so it's been a good move and he couldn't have done better career wise than joining AMZN 4 years ago. It's been a big boost to his resume.

Old 07-09-2011, 04:28 AM

5 posts, read 47,955 times
Good stuff! I had my 2nd phone interview as well - still waiting on the feedback. Texasgirl - your husband timed Amazon perfect too - stock was at like 40

Very excited to even get this far - its funny cause my interviews were 100% behavioral and sounds like yours weren't at all.

I hear they like to throw brain teasers at you for the onsite?

Old 07-09-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGiliberti2 View Post
Good stuff! I had my 2nd phone interview as well - still waiting on the feedback. Texasgirl - your husband timed Amazon perfect too - stock was at like 40

Very excited to even get this far - its funny cause my interviews were 100% behavioral and sounds like yours weren't at all.

I hear they like to throw brain teasers at you for the onsite?
Well, the questions were situational based. How would you handle this situation, etc.

Basically for the TPM position, I'm expecting they want you to take charge and generate a solution and not wait for a solution to be generated for you.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:48 AM

Yeah, it was not a bad move to Seattle. Even with the drop in the housing market, we were still better off coming here

Old 07-10-2011, 10:33 PM

Not likely that you will have a panel interview for an onsite per my husband.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastrigirl View Post
Not likely that you will have a panel interview for an onsite per my husband.

Excellent! I appreciate all the helpful answers to my questions!

Old 07-21-2011, 09:00 PM

Well... just finished the interview today. They said I should hear something tomorrow or Monday. It's been a great last two days here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area