Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 01:20 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
Xani, I find it fascinating that you feel compelled to:
-be right, and prove others wrong;
-have the last word on any topic;
-toot your own horn;
-put others down.
Your post above exemplifies all of these traits. It's sad!
Polly, I did read his posts one day and had the biggest laugh. I had never seen anything like it. Some of them are for the record books. He really is Dwight Schrute. At first I thought his posts were a joke so I went back further to see where the normal was. Nope, no normal there. He really believes all his hype.

I couldn't take it anymore when he had a post where he said something along the lines of "I can't give any details and will deny this but I've met and know Bill and Melinda Gates personally". They live here! You would think he had managed some incredible accomplishment. Never mind that a year and a half ago he was asking how the job market was here because he had to leave Portland. I really think the Aussies kicked him out.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:25 PM

And Dwight, before you say "But, but there's more on the Eastside !" My point and what I said was, there was a time when it looked like the Seattle wouldn't get much and now I think that could change. If you want to do pie charts, that's fine and they're entertaining, but the point is, there is tech growth happening in Seattle whether you admit it or not and that it was nice to see the potential for a little bit of balance for the overall health of the area.

Inkpoe, I tried. I just couldn't do it.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:49 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,585,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Polly, I did read his posts one day and had the biggest laugh. I had never seen anything like it. Some of them are for the record books. He really is Dwight Schrute. At first I thought his posts were a joke so I went back further to see where the normal was. Nope, no normal there. He really believes all his hype.

I couldn't take it anymore when he had a post where he said something along the lines of "I can't give any details and will deny this but I've met and know Bill and Melinda Gates personally". They live here! You would think he had managed some incredible accomplishment. Never mind that a year and a half ago he was asking how the job market was here because he had to leave Portland. I really think the Aussies kicked him out.
I left Portland because I hated it there. I hated the granola ways, I hated the culture (or rather, lack thereof), hated the nightlife, the income tax, the openly hostile philosophies towards successful individuals. Hated everything about that city except for the lack of a sales tax. Didn't "have" to leave. Hell, I still own 2 houses down there. But again, a lack of facts or ability to put together a well thought-out statement have never stopped you yet, so why now? It's almost as though you revel in repeating the same incorrect statements over and over again, you just really love ignorance, I think.

BTW, still waiting on FACTUAL data to back up your claim about the tech expansion since those 9 links you felt would make you look like an expert were all duds. Won't hold my breath, since I know you can't do it. People like you always spew whatever sounds good without any ability to back it up and then try to change the topic when you get called on it. Utterly predictable. You and Seattlerain should form a little club - you both enjoy talking out of your rear ends. Maybe you could go around and informally poll your "coworkers" the topic of gold: Spawned from ore, or alien rain? And of course, whether people should be allowed to put it in plastic bags.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:57 PM

Ah, Dwight I actually did take the time to list details on the previous page. As much time as this warrants anyway. If you missed it or can't read it or don't want to, that's fine.

Be sure to keep dumbing down that resume' so no one will know your true genius!

Old 05-31-2012, 03:38 PM

570 posts, read 1,729,778 times
Is that Dwight guy really work for Microsoft? I hope I'm not working on the same team as him. lol

Old 05-31-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlesseden View Post
Is that Dwight guy really work for Microsoft? I hope I'm not working on the same team as him. lol
I don't see how. The team review would weed him out; feedback would be brutal.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:02 PM

570 posts, read 1,729,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I don't see how. The team review would weed him out; feedback would be brutal.

feedback is not that brutal as long as you do your job.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlesseden View Post
feedback is not that brutal as long as you do your job.
We'll never know if he does his job. According to him, he's a closet genius that has to dumb down his resume' so they won't know how smart he really is.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:34 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,774,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
Seattle will always be the primary city of the Puget Sound region in our lifetime, our children's lifetime and our grandchildren's lifetime. Lets be realistic. The downtown Bellevue core has grown from practically scratch to a growing core and its still growing but fleeing dt Seattle for dt Bellevue? Dt Seattle is thriving as far as I know. New condos and apts. The top Nordstrom store in the country. New stores like Gucci, Target, Forever 21, Omega and JC Penney. New lightrail. An expanded Seattle Art Museum. New hotels like the 4Seasons and Hyatt. I think its doing pretty good. But again I know the eastside has plenty of nice people, I know a few. But in 5 and a half years at Bellevue Square I heard it all! Not in news papers but right out of their mouths. Again, it is so interesting dealing with the public. Quite fascinating.
If I worked at Nordstrom, I'd hate everyone in Bellevue too. Or Whole Foods for that matter. Whenever I start thinking that Bellevue might be ok, I go into Whole Foods and immediately hate every single person in the store (except the employees).

Old 05-31-2012, 06:07 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
If I worked at Nordstrom, I'd hate everyone in Bellevue too. Or Whole Foods for that matter. Whenever I start thinking that Bellevue might be ok, I go into Whole Foods and immediately hate every single person in the store (except the employees).
That's a Whole Foods thing, not Bellevue. I've remarked about it before on Facebook. The people inside Whole Foods are collectively the most self-involved, seemingly miserable bunch I've been around. I used to go to the one on Roosevelt when I lived "up north," and it's like the people were opposed to using "Excuse me" or "Thank you," or having anything but a snarl on their face. Don't you know, buying organic is sad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area