Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 11:12 PM

1,018 posts, read 3,371,178 times

Advertisements

I can get a low paying in tacoma, which is better than nothing for now.

I live in beacon hill, for 2 days, I have to be there at tacoma at 8am, the other 2 days is 10 am. the commute is reversed right? If not, I can drive down mlk and enter I-5 south after Boeing access road, to avoid any traffic from beacon hill to that point on I-5. I will leave 1.5 hours early just to be safe on my first week, to see the how it goes, but if I can get answers from here, it might save me some time to "predict". thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 11:17 PM

22 posts, read 118,093 times
I frequently head North on I-5 starting in Fife/Tac and go up through Fed Way, Des Moines, Tukwila around 6 to 6:30 am and the traffic is usually **** heading north.

Heading south from Seattle towards Tacoma you should have no problem especially towards the later hours that you will be commuting.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:47 AM

65 posts, read 136,860 times
I used to commute from Capitol Hill in Seattle to Tacoma General, it usually took about 45 minutes, but that was leaving at 615 and at work by 7. I would enter I5 at the Yale St onramp, had to merge 3 lanes over while everyone else is either exiting to downtown or to I90, took some getting used to. But once you are past downtown, the people getting onto I5 from I90 were usually the only real traffic besides the Boeing exit, until I hit Federal Way or so and it usually slowed down by Fife. Going home everyone wants to go 75 and having more than a car space ahead of you is reason enough to be cut off. Unmarked highway patrol regularly work the Fife/Federal Way area, but again there wasn't much traffic past there until you get near the 405 interchange, and again south of downtown. Taking MLK going home would probably help you going home, but not so sure about morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area