Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 02:52 PM

18 posts, read 72,661 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My husband and I will be in Seattle on business this summer, and the trip just happens to coincide with our wedding anniversary. I am looking for a few restaurant suggestions. Price is not a *huge* deal, though we would prefer someplace that isn't uber expensive. Dressing up a little is ok too (maybe even preferred since I don't get to do it much). I have done some online research, but wanted to ask locals because my husband is not an adventurous eater. Someplace that offers steak as an option would be great. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 03:10 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,572 posts, read 81,167,557 times
There are many good steal restaurants here, and everyone has their favorite. For what it's worth, mine is El Gaucho on 1st Avenue in Belltown. It also happens to be just a few blocks from my office but I can't afford to go there for lunch! If you like great seafood, with water views try Anthony's Pier 66. They do have a filet mignon. If a cruise ship is in you will see it from there as it's next door to the terminal.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:04 PM

1,651 posts, read 2,783,390 times
Palisades (by the cruise terminal) is very good with gorgeous views. Eliott Bay Oyster house on the waterfront has a really nice selection of seafood and also has steak - neither one is cheap, but you can find items that won't break the bank too. It's a bit further out, but I also <3 Ray's Boathouse in Ballard - their deck is amazing. They have a more formal dining room in the bottom and a more casual bar upstairs. You could dress up a bit at any of those places and not feel out of place (except maybe the upper floor of Ray's).

Most restaurants in Seattle have their menu online so you can check them out before you make reservations.

Another idea is an Argosy dinner cruise. I've never been on one, but I've been on one of their sightseeing cruises and it was a lovely way to see the city and Sound. That might be something to look into as well.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:13 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,650,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayela View Post
Palisades (by the cruise terminal) is very good with gorgeous views. Eliott Bay Oyster house on the waterfront has a really nice selection of seafood and also has steak - neither one is cheap, but you can find items that won't break the bank too. It's a bit further out, but I also <3 Ray's Boathouse in Ballard - their deck is amazing. They have a more formal dining room in the bottom and a more casual bar upstairs. You could dress up a bit at any of those places and not feel out of place (except maybe the upper floor of Ray's).

Most restaurants in Seattle have their menu online so you can check them out before you make reservations.

Another idea is an Argosy dinner cruise. I've never been on one, but I've been on one of their sightseeing cruises and it was a lovely way to see the city and Sound. That might be something to look into as well.
Defintely 2nd Ray's Boathouse. The quintessential romantic dinner, especially out on the deck. Plan to take in a sunset. They are nothing short of epic there.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:06 AM

1,630 posts, read 3,883,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayela View Post
You could dress up a bit at any of those places and not feel out of place.
Is Seattle one of the few places that, if you dress up, you may feel out of place?

Old 04-16-2012, 11:46 AM

353 posts, read 934,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
Defintely 2nd Ray's Boathouse. The quintessential romantic dinner, especially out on the deck. Plan to take in a sunset. They are nothing short of epic there.
I also vote for Ray's Boathouse.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:49 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,922,725 times
Palisades is nice as Kayela mentioned. We also like the Purple Café across the street from the Fairmont and the Pink Door which is a funky little place near Pikes off the alley. No sign, just a pink door which sets the tone for the kind of place it is.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:23 PM

28 posts, read 37,905 times
Chowhound for the Greater Seattle Area is a good place to review for ideas.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:43 PM

474 posts, read 1,455,450 times
Default Plenty o' choices

Canlis - classic, spectacular views, unparalleled service, huge prices
Campagne - French class
Ray's Boathouse - others have mentioned it, but another Seattle classic literally hanging over the water.
The Corson Building - in an odd part of town, but WOW if you're a foodie
Tilth - if you want to go the full organic, local route, they don't cut corners, and they make some serious food

Or just go to Urbanspoon.com. They do a great job of profiling the local restaurants - there are so many excellent new restaurants in Ballard and Capitol Hill that I can't keep up. Walrus & Carpenter in Ballard was impressive, but not really romantic.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:09 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,843,403 times
Good suggestions in this thread.

Since moving to the Seattle area, we have had our anniversary dinners at Palisade, Salty's at Alki, Elliott's Oyster House, Daniel's Broiler, Ray's Boathouse, Ivar's Salmon House, and just this spring, Chandler's Crabhouse. You can spend quite a bit at these places, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of them, especially for an anniversary.

Canlis is probably our next anniversary place, or maybe El Gaucho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: