Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 08:32 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times

Advertisements

Many south of the ship canal Seattle neighborhoods would work for Tukwila, or Renton. Neither Tukwila nor Renton are all that far south. If I were working in Bellevue I'd probably opt for living either on the eastside or north Renton. Redmond, not far from Bellevue, has Marymoor Park, home of one of the largest dog parks in the US. Renton has a dog park, and some nice areas. Public schools in Renton tend to not be very good, but there are a couple of good Montessori options. The Lakeridge area(98178 zip code) has houses with larger lot sizes, views of Lake Washington, and lower home prices. The would be convenient to Renton and Tukwila ( not too bad for kent or Auburn either)....
Living in West Seattle would also be fairly convenient to all but the Everett location..
If I were working in Everett, I'd think about Edmonds or Mukilteo. Edmonds, in particular, is a friendly, artsy place. And has a dog park on the beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 12:49 PM

123 posts, read 345,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobester View Post
I'm the one who recommended Columbia City/Seward Park, where I have lived for 25 years. And, I'm a Boeing employee - I find it a perfect location. I have worked at the Development Center (15 minutes away), Kent (25 minutes away), Bellevue (25 minutes away), Renton (15 minutes away), and Everett (40 minutes away). These are morning drive times which are quite predictable because no matter which direction you go you are in a 'reverse commute' away from the city. The toughest commute back home in the afternoon is from Everett, which can stretch to an hour sometimes.
Thanks for all of you help. I really love everything I have read about Columbia City/Seward park areas. They are top on our list! But we are a little concerned about the return commute times from the Boeing Everett location. Is this just unavoidable living in Seattle or close in to the city??

I was wondering if there are any other awesome places, towns or sections of towns that are a better commute to & from the Boeing Everett location. That hopefully also allow for a reasonable commute to the other Boeing locations if needed for future employment changes.

Just as a reminder we would love to be in the city & its activities or a community/town close to the city (20-30minutes.) But the further away we go the more important it is that our community has a lot to offer. We don't want to end up stuck in the suburbs with no sidewalks, with everything closing up at 9pm and no really neighborhood or sense of community feel.
Again we are hoping for a diverse area with other LBGT families. With recreation opportunities, arts & sports & tech related clubs for kids and adults. Near a walk-able area with coffee shops, dinning, bars, parks and such. Preferably with places to walk dogs and such as well. A private yard & fenced (or fence able) is a must for us so, we need a area with single family home, duplex or row house with private fenced yards (ie no golf communities and such.) We would like at least to 2-4 bedrooms, yard, 2 bath, updated/newer wiring/roof/furnace/windows, off street parking (preferably a garage,) updated kitchen in bath would be a plus, painting, carpet/floors and little fixes are no problem. Ideally all for $350-$450, but there could be some room in the budget.

Again, I love what I've Read about Columbia city & Seward park just seeing what else might be out there..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area