Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 09:39 AM
509 509 started this thread

6,321 posts, read 7,037,074 times

Advertisements

Sad to see this. Oh well, I guess my daughter is stuck with 10mbps.

Seattle pulls plug on broadband plan | Brier Dudley's Blog | The Seattle Times

The last comment is pretty funny.

For Curvey, it's appalling the hometown of Amazon.com and Microsoft's founders can't keep providing the service.
"I could see it happening in Olympia or Wenatchee or something like that, but Seattle?" he said. "Come on, I don't get it."

Wenatchee has had fiber to the home for over a decade now and Olympia has some of the fastest internet speeds in the state after Chelan, Douglas, and Grant counties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 02:51 PM

710 posts, read 1,397,200 times
Ah poo

Doesn't really make sense for such a tech-centric city.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:21 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,560,539 times
Whats the big deal? The money is much better spent on Nissan Leafs for city employees to use on their lunch break.
City Of Seattle Spends More Than $1M On Nissan Leaf Fleet | www.kirotv.com

Old 05-15-2012, 05:55 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,841,325 times
I think that the last comment was actually about the also-abandoned free Wi-Fi, not the failed broadband project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Seattle pulls plug on broadband plan | Brier Dudley's Blog | The Seattle Times

The last comment is pretty funny.

For Curvey, it's appalling the hometown of Amazon.com and Microsoft's founders can't keep providing the service.
"I could see it happening in Olympia or Wenatchee or something like that, but Seattle?" he said. "Come on, I don't get it."

Wenatchee has had fiber to the home for over a decade now and Olympia has some of the fastest internet speeds in the state after Chelan, Douglas, and Grant counties.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:59 AM

291 posts, read 948,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
Whats the big deal? The money is much better spent on Nissan Leafs for city employees to use on their lunch break.
City Of Seattle Spends More Than $1M On Nissan Leaf Fleet | www.kirotv.com
Sure seems like they could have allocated funds better. Anyone question the direction of theses funds? Surely there is more to the story. I would be interested in the overall plan.

Side note: judging by your name "evergraystate" and the "bay area native exiled in Seattle ", you are there against your will or choice? Interesting choices. Clever, but interesting. Kind of ironic. I live in the Midwest and cannot wait to live in PNW. You live there and sound unhappy about it. Life's funny that way I guess. No disrespect intended. Just commenting on the irony.

Peace,
wc@h

Old 05-16-2012, 10:39 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
evergraystate has posted and debated his link before already. It's a thing for him. I know he's unhappy and he's already in the process of moving back to the Bay Area. Really glad for him so he can be happier there. Here, he's kind of become Eeyore.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:37 AM

Thanks Seacove.

Good luck and Godspeed evergraystate !

Peace,
wc@h

Old 05-16-2012, 01:13 PM

710 posts, read 1,397,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
evergraystate has posted and debated his link before already. It's a thing for him. I know he's unhappy and he's already in the process of moving back to the Bay Area. Really glad for him so he can be happier there. Here, he's kind of become Eeyore.
Ha too true. I really wish him the best though and I'm glad he's finally going where he wants to be.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:43 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,560,539 times
Nah, i would rather stay in Seattle because it brings you kids soo much joy. After all who else is going to shine a mirror to this awful city? The natives are obviously in denial.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:47 PM

So what is it that you do not like? Is it just the weather? A friend of mine grew up in the Bay area. Born in San bernardino, raised in redwood city. The weather I am told is fabulous. The traffic however and the crowds are absolutely unbearable. His parents moved to LaConner, WA to get away from the crowds.
Where ever you are going, I hope you find peace.

wc@h
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area