Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2012, 11:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,867 times

Advertisements

I'm from the Philippines and I'm planning to move to Seattle after I graduate from college. I have no ideas yet on what things to expect and I'm kind of hoping someone here can help me

Where exactly in Seattle should I stay? I want a place that's near a lot of stores, job opportunities, and nice people.

Since I'll be staying alone there, I need a small, cheap, yet cozy apartment. Can anyone recommend a place for me? How much would it cost me if I rent one?

What job opportunities are waiting for me there? I'm not expecting big. I can work in a restaurant or any store. I just need to have some ideas. How much can I earn if I work there? what is the minimum wage?

I hope someone can take their time answering my questions. I would really really appreciate it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 04:24 PM

30 posts, read 38,189 times
I'm also moving to Seattle and have learned that it's very expensive to live in Seattle compared to Houston, Texas of course. There are plenty of places you could rent a room instead of a whole apartment or house and you would be able to your roommate share their knowledge of Seattle with you. I've been searching for a place to rent through www.hotpads.com
God Bless and hope you end up loving Seattle!

Old 06-08-2012, 06:54 PM

146 posts, read 306,376 times
Sorry, I know nothing personally but ther is a later thread rergarding Japanese communities that also mentions other Asian communities. You may be able to find work and sa plave to live in those area depending on your income. Bellevue was one, Federal Way, Renton areas.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:34 PM

29 posts, read 129,896 times
Federal Way is reasonably affordable. There are some 1-bedroom apartments on Craigslist for around $700.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:59 AM

84 posts, read 170,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleriveruh View Post
I'm from the Philippines and I'm planning to move to Seattle after I graduate from college. I have no ideas yet on what things to expect and I'm kind of hoping someone here can help me

Since I'll be staying alone there, I need a small, cheap, yet cozy apartment. Can anyone recommend a place for me? How much would it cost me if I rent one?

go to seattleapartments.com and look at the pictures of different places. Being a college graduate, the university district might be a good fit. The other thing I'd suggest, which is what I'm doing, is finding roommates for cheaper living your first year. Apartments range from 650-1400 just depends where you are. Look around city-data some more for ideas with places to live.

What job opportunities are waiting for me there? I'm not expecting big. I can work in a restaurant or any store. I just need to have some ideas. How much can I earn if I work there? what is the minimum wage?

Technology should definitely be a hobby at minimum. Microsoft is a big part of Wasington State as well as Boeing. Coffee is also big of course. The minimum wage is 9.04 according to Google (which is insane considering Virginia minimum wage is 7.25).

I hope someone can take their time answering my questions. I would really really appreciate it

go to seattleapartments.com and look at the pictures of different places. Being a college graduate, the university district might be a good fit. The other thing I'd suggest, which is what I'm doing, is finding roommates for cheaper living your first year. Apartments range from 650-1400 just depends where you are. Look around city-data some more for ideas with places to live.

Technology should definitely be a hobby at minimum. Microsoft is a big part of Wasington State as well as Boeing. Coffee is also big of course. The minimum wage is 9.04 according to Google (which is insane considering Virginia minimum wage is 7.25).

Hope that helps.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:22 PM

157 posts, read 165,591 times
It's expensive! If you do, stay out of south King county and downtown area! They're not safe, period.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:38 PM

710 posts, read 1,397,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntgirl712 View Post
I'm also moving to Seattle and have learned that it's very expensive to live in Seattle compared to Houston, Texas of course. There are plenty of places you could rent a room instead of a whole apartment or house and you would be able to your roommate share their knowledge of Seattle with you. I've been searching for a place to rent through www.hotpads.com
God Bless and hope you end up loving Seattle!
I moved from Houston too, but haven't found it to be exorbitantly expensive in comparison. However, I am also single. I think if you have a family, it would be more expensive due to the cost of housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area