Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 04:49 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,562,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbliss View Post
The difference between DC and Seattle:

1. Conversation starters. In Washington, DC they ask you what you do for a living and a follow up question--where you went to college. In Seattle, they ask you what you do for fun.
LOL bull ****. The real difference is the people in DC are more educated and successful. They didn't have to settle for Seattle.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:15 PM

182 posts, read 323,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Oh hey look at you, posting up a bunch of links that I've ALREADY de-bunked as proof of some booming new tech setup within Seattle itself aside from Amazon.

That's how you know you've completely lost an argument - you have to go back to repeating things you already got beat up on.
LOL actually, I'd say a 2 sentence insulting rebuttal provides the best indication of who lost the argument. Go ahead and beat up my conclusion.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:47 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,665,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
LOL bull ****. The real difference is the people in DC are more educated and successful. They didn't have to settle for Seattle.
"settle for Seattle?" That is not how most in Seattle would describe themselves. For the most part, people in Seattle are not "settling", they are there because they want to be. In all my years, I have never heard of anyone "settling for Seattle". Some may move there with great hopes, and be disappointed, but Seattle is not a "settling" type of city. Oh, and as for education, Seattle ranks among the top10 in education. Also in the top10 for readership, and libraries, and bookstores....I could go on...

Last edited by pw72; 06-25-2012 at 08:50 PM..

Old 06-25-2012, 08:18 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,922,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
"settle for Seattle?" That is not how most in Seattle would describe themselves. For the most part, people in Seattle are not "settling", they are there because they want to be. In all my years, I have never heard of anyone "settling for Seattle". Some may move their with great hopes, and be disappointed, but Seattle is not a "settling" type of city. Oh, and as for education, Seattle ranks among the top10 in education. Also in the top10 for readership, and libraries, and bookstores....I could go on...
Yes, you could go on ad infinitem, but you would be falling on deaf ears: Evergrey has it in his/her head that Seattle is "the pits", any and all facts to the contrary. He/she is also determined to let everyone know, several times a day, how much Seattle sucks.
It's really not worth debating...

Old 06-25-2012, 08:50 PM

double post.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:03 PM

156 posts, read 195,533 times
Well, some people in Seattle like to keep other folks in Seattle informed of the fact that they have a bellicose demeanor attached to their distended sense of joie de vie in the inter-personal wonders found here. Perhaps when sufficient numbers of Seattleites become as welcoming as their mantra claims them to be... true progress and not shadowy rhetoric flamed toward inflating a sense of smugness toward more developed personalities whose views may differ from local habit may ensue, bringing with it a more diverse community. In other words, for the vocabulary-challenged, the preponderance of spewing doctrine without examination simply due to it being a party line is a mite stereotypical and detrimental to what one hears fall out of so many mouths. Scientists are great with unbiased objectivity and YES! Seattle needs that and not touchy-feely fashionable politics that cozies-up stymied souls!

As for Seacove's glorious sales pitch of SLU... well, if you are not a real estate developer certainly Vulcan would hire you for the PR department. I am glad to hear that you are accepting of the sort of people who will aid in finally crushing the backwoods mentality out of the town as it is rather dated, isolationist. Our politicians already have the beginnings of silliness required for major west coast cities, LA aside, and distinctly Seattleite landmarks are slowly appearing beyond the Space Needle and Pioneer Square. Office vacancy rates have held steady or fallen, particularly in SLU as Allen's wise decision to build with tenants on-board brought about a sustainable and now desirable location to open shop up in.

Oh! We should keep eco-tourism alive since people want to realize their endeavours aren't for naught.

Last edited by Frankums; 06-25-2012 at 09:14 PM..

Old 06-25-2012, 09:35 PM

615 posts, read 1,075,496 times
Quote:
it just comes off to me as a city that a lot of people would move to if they wanted to "get away" from the rest of America
It seems like a fair number of people do move here to escape from more conservative or run-down parts of the country.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankums View Post
Well, some people in Seattle like to keep other folks in Seattle informed of the fact that they have a bellicose demeanor attached to their distended sense of joie de vie in the inter-personal wonders found here. Perhaps when sufficient numbers of Seattleites become as welcoming as their mantra claims them to be... true progress and not shadowy rhetoric flamed toward inflating a sense of smugness toward more developed personalities whose views may differ from local habit may ensue, bringing with it a more diverse community. In other words, for the vocabulary-challenged, the preponderance of spewing doctrine without examination simply due to it being a party line is a mite stereotypical and detrimental to what one hears fall out of so many mouths. Scientists are great with unbiased objectivity and YES! Seattle needs that and not touchy-feely fashionable politics that cozies-up stymied souls!

As for Seacove's glorious sales pitch of SLU... well, if you are not a real estate developer certainly Vulcan would hire you for the PR department. I am glad to hear that you are accepting of the sort of people who will aid in finally crushing the backwoods mentality out of the town as it is rather dated, isolationist. Our politicians already have the beginnings of silliness required for major west coast cities, LA aside, and distinctly Seattleite landmarks are slowly appearing beyond the Space Needle and Pioneer Square. Office vacancy rates have held steady or fallen, particularly in SLU as Allen's wise decision to build with tenants on-board brought about a sustainable and now desirable location to open shop up in.

Oh! We should keep eco-tourism alive since people want to realize their endeavours aren't for naught.
I consider myself an intelligent person, but could you please translate this into common english?

Old 06-25-2012, 10:03 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,922,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
I consider myself an intelligent person, but could you please translate this into common english?
YOU STOLE THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH!! !

Old 06-25-2012, 10:59 PM

156 posts, read 195,533 times
Ah, the usual, speak as a politician would to keep it in context of a simple tune full of affirmations positive and warm. Would you like grunts & groans with bumper sticker visuals to make it easier?

It is all in English, except "joie de vie", which is French and means "joy in life", basically.

Please skip the posts if you find them too taxing as I wouldn't mind.

Personally, I find this style comfortable. If you want another episode of "Us v. Them", watch TV.

Please stay on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area