Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 02:00 PM

231 posts, read 626,549 times

Advertisements

I'm orginally from FL, moved to Buffalo thinking about possibly moving to Seattle. Tell me all of the things really hate and all the things you really love about seattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 02:04 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,297,481 times
Love: Close to Nature

Hate: the people and the attitudes

Old 06-28-2012, 02:28 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Love: Most everything, especially the beauty, proximity to water, variety of things to do, the ferries, the islands, the green, the weather (yes, the weather, it's not freezing and it's not dripping humidity), the polite but cautious approach people have and their bemused response to the reactionaries, the food, how small everything feels for a mid-size metro, the sound of the rain on the leaves, the smell of coffee and garlic on 4th street sometimes, how happy everyone gets when the summer months hit, local events like Bumbershoot Bumbershoot | Seattle's Music & Arts Festival | September 1-3, 2012, crossing the Evergreen floating bridge, the Christmas Ships, the Tulip Festival and even the Underground Tour because Seattle is so young that it came about just over a hundred years ago which is pretty funny.

Hate: The people that come here for the beauty but complain about everything else.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:35 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,560,200 times
Favorite: the mountains a couple of hours outside Seattle on the few days per year when you can take advantage of what they have to offer.

Hated: the locals

Old 06-28-2012, 08:43 PM

156 posts, read 195,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
Favorite: the mountains a couple of hours outside Seattle on the few days per year when you can take advantage of what they have to offer.

Hated: the locals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
Love: Close to Nature

Hate: the people and the attitudes
Hear! Hear!

Love: The fresh local produce, the ability to get from mountains to ocean to forests easily, proximity to Canada, quiet days outside of the urbanized areas, watching a growing business/tech hub sprout where only poverty and desperation flourished before, the innocent, earnest inanities expressed by the locals unaware of their naivete.

Dislike: The strange way public works are planned for years but never implemented due to 'grassrooted' obstructionism and the resulting traffic snarls, hodge-podge development and whacko behaviour this stalling causes, the slimy diatribes enacted by local disparate persons who cannot accept the inevitable change they say they accept, the loopy way diversity is invoked to promote unhealthy attitudes and aggression while actual diversity is not encouraged insomuch as it is used to defer and argue and misplace true intentions by a condescending NIMBY-ist population.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:34 PM

2,316 posts, read 7,817,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Love: Most everything, especially the beauty, proximity to water, variety of things to do, the ferries, the islands, the green, the weather (yes, the weather, it's not freezing and it's not dripping humidity), the polite but cautious approach people have and their bemused response to the reactionaries, the food, how small everything feels for a mid-size metro, the sound of the rain on the leaves, the smell of coffee and garlic on 4th street sometimes, how happy everyone gets when the summer months hit, local events like Bumbershoot Bumbershoot | Seattle's Music & Arts Festival | September 1-3, 2012, crossing the Evergreen floating bridge, the Christmas Ships, the Tulip Festival and even the Underground Tour because Seattle is so young that it came about just over a hundred years ago which is pretty funny.

Hate: The people that come here for the beauty but complain about everything else.
Me too. Although I'll add this...

Love: THE PEOPLE OF SEATTLE! They're great. The only people that seem to complain about the 'locals' (who are mostly translants) are the transplants.... But it was like that in Portland/Oregon too so I'm used to that.

Hate: The traffic congestion and the horrible condition of the roads.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:35 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,472,970 times
Here's a related topic: Pros and cons of Heaven.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:47 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,132,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajacques View Post
I'm orginally from FL, moved to Buffalo thinking about possibly moving to Seattle. Tell me all of the things really hate and all the things you really love about seattle.
Hate: Rain, Rain, Rain, and more Rain. Horrible traffic messes.
Likes: Nice view if and when you can see it. They do have freeways leading out of the city if you are trying to escape, but then you get caught in a traffic jam trying to get back in.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:57 PM

506 posts, read 957,943 times
I love the NW culture, the natural scenery and the closeness to nature. The food and local eateries and cafes. The fact that most people aren't nosey, loud or obnoxious is good. Most people are highly educated and value education. The laid back, "hippy" vibe and artistic,eccentric people that inhabit Seattle. I like the compact downtown ares that makes it easy to get from place to place, although I do wish it was bigger.

What I don't like is the weather, after living in western WA my whole life, I want a change. The traffic is also horrendous in Seattle.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:10 PM

21,829 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Like: Green stuff, people, great outdoors, coffee shop culture, food, nerdy techy bookworms, dogs.
Dislike: Food (no taco trucks, wtf), not seeing the sun for days during the winter, the way people drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area