U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 03:51 PM

504 posts, read 2,426,666 times

Advertisements

UW all the way (did you get an acceptance there?). High academic standards and the area is fine and is surrounded by some nice neighbourhoods. Compared to the USC campus, UW will look like a Utopia.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 09:08 AM

7,677 posts, read 7,092,389 times
My husband graduated from the U, and I from SPU, but after several lengthy discussions between us and a grad from Seattle U, I think that is the route I would take, were I to do so, again. As good as both the U and SPU were to us, our friend seemed to have more advantages in his course studies.

I chose SPU because it had a good business program. At the time, Doug McKenna led the Business College, partnered with Dr. Herbert Kierulff who has my highest esteem. They were driving members of the Microsoft Advisory Board at the time, and we students gained reality-based perspectives into the business climate of the day.

My husband pursued a more general, Liberal Arts, program of study at the University, giving him a well-rounded view of the world events.

I think your best course would be to talk with the head of the departments/colleges that interest you, and determine whether their direction and philosophy meets your personal needs.

Our positive experiences with both campuses have fostered a love for continued intellectual growth that has enriched our professional and personal lives.

Both SPU and Seattle U are private, so if finances are a concern and you are not well funded, the University might be a better choice. I was fortunate that my employers had a great reimbursement plan, and I was able to pay as I went. Going back to your post, I noticed you didn't mention whether you were a resident, so it's possible that the U would be a financial challenge, too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area