Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 01:34 PM

118 posts, read 295,191 times

Advertisements

I've been looking here:

WSDOT - 95% Reliable Travel Times

Trying to time out some commutes for my potential move out West.

Neighborhoods I was considering: QA, Magnolia, Capitol Hill, MI, and Bellevue (short commute/good schools). Obviously we'd get more house for the money out in Bellevue, but was concerned about the commute.

It says Bellevue to Seattle via 90 is only 15 minutes if I want in at 8 in the morning? That seems REALLY short. I have a hard time believing anywhere to anywhere is 15 min in Seattle during rush hour.

Could anyone please comment on the accuracy of this website? I searched but didn't find anything with this website... TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 02:07 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,339,773 times
It may be 15 minutes from a spot on I-90 in Bellevue shortly before crossing into Mercer Island to a spot on I-90 in Seattle before you can exit. I'd say add another 10 minutes on the Seattle side to get to the exit near Safeco Field and another 5-10 to wherever you're going in DT Seattle, and then add however many from the house in Bellevue to I-90. So more likely 35-40 door to door for an 8 AM arrival.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:25 PM

175 posts, read 637,305 times
How about a real calculator that can estimate times based on exact addresses? This calculator really doesn't help much imo.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:57 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,476,786 times
Here in the Twin Cities, we have digital signs over the freeways that give time to a certain key point ahead. Is that what this is about? Or is it just a smartphone app? I think our metro traffic control is pretty close to accurate, based on experience and their knowledge of congestion in certain stretches at certain times.

In my sister city, they also have signs telling where downtown are available ramp parking spaces. For strangers coming into the city, that probably is very helpful.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:34 AM

118 posts, read 295,191 times
I'm more looking at trying to figure out how big my circle around downtown is for purchasing a home and still being within a reasonable commute. Not for a single trip.

To Ira - I'd be working at one of the hospitals downtown, so not so far south as the stadiums, but close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area