Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 03:03 PM

40 posts, read 134,763 times

Advertisements

Pros and Cons of living in Shoreline, Lynnwood, Edmonds? I'm just trying to get a feel of these communities here before I visit next week! ;-) Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 03:23 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
Edmonds- Has a really nice older cute downtown area and views of the water that are spectacular. The parts of Edmonds closer to Hwy 99 are less nice.
SHoreline- Richmond Beach is really nice, and there's a Central Market, a big plus. Parts of Shoreline on Hwy 99 are less nice. Noisy road, a little higher crime, less scenic .
Lynnwood- Lots of traffic. Some great hole in the wall ethnic eateries. Lynnwood is big, and is more influenced by the presence of Alderwood Mall.
If you can swing it financially to live close to DT Edmonds, that would be a good thing.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:21 PM

40 posts, read 134,763 times
Wow, thanks for the advice! What do you think of Lake Forest Park?

Old 08-28-2012, 02:44 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiwanhellokitty View Post
I love Lake Forest Park, but it's not for everybody. There's not a lot of new construction there, and some of the roads are steep and windy. Which to me are good things. It makes it more difficult for "bad guys" to find the place, and it keeps ugly condos and townhomes from being built there. But there are a lot of cool looking older houses, very large trees, views, and a nice shopping area. It's in the Shoreline school District, which is pretty good.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:21 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,132,464 times
Quote:
Pros and Cons of living in Shoreline, Lynnwood, Edmonds? I'm just trying to get a feel of these communities here before I visit next week! ;-) Thanks so much!
I suggest paying them all a visit and decide for yourself. Of the three mentioned, I would recommend Edmonds. The other two are just faceless 'burbs'.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:54 PM

38 posts, read 106,248 times
I had a sketch experience in Shoreline and I agree that Edmonds is the nicest of the 3, but also the most expensive. Manage it if you can.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:03 PM

2,811 posts, read 5,623,002 times
I live in Lynnwood, and would have to say it is rather faceless compared to some of the others (Edmonds is awesome, the downtown and waterfront area is so incredibly cool, none of the other areas compare), but it is still a good place to live. The pros are that homes are cheaper than in the other places, and you are very close to all the shopping you would ever need (Alderwood Mall and all of the surrounding big box stores and strip malls). Just throwing that out because it's a pro for some and a con for others.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:53 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Lake Forest Park is great, and still within the city limits, I think (not sure about that). If you like treed neighborhoods like that, try Pinehurst, just NE of Northgate Mall. In-city location, but full of cedar trees. Around downtown Edmonds is very scenic and pleasant. Small-town feel. If you need to commute into Seattle for work, though, the traffic from Edmonds can be challenging at times. It's a significantly longer drive than from Lake Forest Park.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:17 AM

1,979 posts, read 3,524,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Lake Forest Park is great, and still within the city limits, I think (not sure about that). If you like treed neighborhoods like that, try Pinehurst, just NE of Northgate Mall. In-city location, but full of cedar trees. Around downtown Edmonds is very scenic and pleasant. Small-town feel. If you need to commute into Seattle for work, though, the traffic from Edmonds can be challenging at times. It's a significantly longer drive than from Lake Forest Park.
Lake Forest Park is definitely its own city (NOT in Seattle city limits, which is a good thing if you ask me). It has its own lakefront civic club you can join if you live in the town and everything. We considered buying a home there, but we were a little worried that the trees would necessitate a lot of home maintenance; though it's beautiful and serene, a house under constant, wet tree cover is dark and will attract mold/moss.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:43 AM

353 posts, read 934,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If you need to commute into Seattle for work, though, the traffic from Edmonds can be challenging at times. It's a significantly longer drive than from Lake Forest Park.
There is the option of taking the train from Edmonds into Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area