Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 04:03 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,298,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post
sounds like there is an overall direct reverse/inverse correlation with brains vs beauty. let's just say that seattle people are smarter than LA people...
pure conjecture. Seattle people are not all that smart. While there may be more people here with diplomas, apparently its not a good measure of how smart people are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 08:16 PM

182 posts, read 323,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophistre View Post
ROFL. Tell that to all of the men in history who have accidentally picked up a dude in drag! I'm sure they'd have liked to be able to do that! XD

My video got moderator-cut because it has loud swearing and a little cleavage in it (sorry mod), but go look up Jenna Marbles on youtube -- the 'Some Idiot/How Sports Bras Work' video. Aside from being good for a giggle, it is relevant to the discussion.

And honestly, no, I don't really care, either way, and I'm not offended. Some of us have just lived with how this whole thing works for our entire lives, so we had some wisdom to toss out there. You're certainly free to take it or leave it, as you see fit!
Well, the fact that a man hits on a dude in drag or any other women for that matter can be more of a sign that he's desparate, a horn dog, or both. It doesn't necessarily mean that individual was attractive. I knew guys in college that had no trouble getting any girl, yet would still go for every opportunity they possibly could, especially when drunk.

I'm just going on what I've seen in numerous trips to Seattle, to be honest. I usually go for tomgirls anyway. Ya know, the alternative looking types who already dress in the Seattle style. I just didn't see many attractive women in that city. Maybe it's different when it's sunny? Who knows.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:21 AM

2,064 posts, read 4,434,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
pure conjecture. Seattle people are not all that smart. While there may be more people here with diplomas, apparently its not a good measure of how smart people are.
maybe it depends on how you measure intelligence. in general, i know that it's not always true but i guess i measure it with diplomas, SAT scores, tech jobs, etc. i.e., i usually say that a google software engineer is likely to be smarter than a hollywood b-level actor.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:33 AM

2,064 posts, read 4,434,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtoSD? View Post
Well, the fact that a man hits on a dude in drag or any other women for that matter can be more of a sign that he's desparate, a horn dog, or both. It doesn't necessarily mean that individual was attractive. I knew guys in college that had no trouble getting any girl, yet would still go for every opportunity they possibly could, especially when drunk.

I'm just going on what I've seen in numerous trips to Seattle, to be honest. I usually go for tomgirls anyway. Ya know, the alternative looking types who already dress in the Seattle style. I just didn't see many attractive women in that city. Maybe it's different when it's sunny? Who knows.
as a guy i will say that if properly applied, makeup makes a huge difference. clothes also make a difference.

for example:

vs.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:33 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,476,786 times
I wonder what the illiteracy rate in LA is. The concentration of immigrants from countries where education is poor to absent makes me think LA can't make IQs with cities that don't have that concentration. In Seattle, the big immigrant population is likely to be Asian, and most Asian countries outperform the USA in education. I don't even think Asians native intelligence is higher. They SIMPLY value it more as a culture. I don't think the US has ever put that high a value on it, but with the election of several stupid presidents, we clearly have mixed feelings about it. Started about the time of Lester Maddox and his "pointy headed intellectuals". People decided to turn the country against the critics by pretending that smart people were not admirable. It was corrosive and, to an extent, it worked. The educational fallout is still being felt. Not even the Geek Revolution made up for it.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:06 AM

653 posts, read 1,802,792 times
+1, Beenhere.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:01 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,375,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Uglyman View Post
Seattle is known as the home of grunge and looks like a really beautiful city. My question is, how tolerant are its citizens of ugly people? Would I be made fun of and made to feel like a freak, or will it generally not matter as much as in other parts of the country?

Is Seattle UP (Ugly People) tolerant?
You won't even be noticed. Most Seattleites are too busy looking at their smart phone screens to notice you and when they do look up it's to grab their cup of coffee. Not to worry.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:34 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,949,205 times
As soon as UP are not HITTING on people who're generally considered attractive..why wouldn't they be tolerated anywhere or experience any discrimination.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:45 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,133,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
Not only are the people of Seattle tolerant of the ugly, most Seattleites walk around with bags on their head to show their solidarity with the ugly.
Not only that but the bags are pretty ugly. We like painting ugly faces on them.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:33 PM

488 posts, read 412,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Uglyman View Post
Seattle is known as the home of grunge and looks like a really beautiful city. My question is, how tolerant are its citizens of ugly people? Would I be made fun of and made to feel like a freak, or will it generally not matter as much as in other parts of the country?

Is Seattle UP (Ugly People) tolerant?
More than Seattle will ever know. But UPs will only be accepted if they adopt the correct synchronous polite aloofness that requires neck-bobbling while spouting sentiments found in The Nation and various DNC-sponsored dogmas. You will then be as a luscious French model as defined by the Internet no matter the reality of your supposed UP-ness. Keeping up with the latest opinion polls considering anything pro-Obama or Hilary while quietly supporting, say, Boeing's lucrative war contracts, will further enhance the model effect. In fact, doing so may possibly concede upon you the adjective super- to precede the aforementioned poser-title, further enhancing your obvious status as a graceful beauty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area