Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 07:59 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times

Advertisements

I have a brother and a co-worker living in NB, and the crime is generally around the more rural areas, and downtown. The newer developments such as Snoqualmie Ridge are peaceful and quiet. Still, there is not enough crime in NB to consider avoiding a move there as long as you are not going to be in a trailer on a gravel road in the woods and find yourself next to a meth lab.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 09:21 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,034,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScionChick2005 View Post
Hello
I moved to North Bend 2 years ago to live with my mom. She has lived here for about 10yrs (the property has been in her family since 1974 .The crime rate is fairly high when it comes to car thefts, burglaries. There is also a high rate of drug related deaths (heroin). Young kids(jr high, high school) are getting hooked on heroin & meth. I wouldnt recommend moving to North Bend if you have children who will be attending school here in the area. I have a brother who is 22yrs old hes lived here for 4yrs and still has not gone out and met a sinhle friend due to the facts he doesnt want to go meet the kind of people who live out here.
I just cant disagree more with this. Please show some statistics that support the claim. I don't think they exist. I think you are citing a perception because you heard from someone, something , about someone who had their car broken into. Either that or you are referring to problems that existed years ago. There is absolutely no high rate of heroin overdoses. Now NB is in King County, which includes Seattle, so the county could have a high rate, but not the town of NB. the reality is that with HIIPA laws, you would never even know this unless you were working in the medical field and had first hand contact with patients. America has a heroin problem and has record deaths, that is something we all need to face. Do you actually have any kids in school in NB? I don't think so or you would know that we have no more and probably less drug problems than anywhere else in Western Washington. I'm sorry, but this feels entirely made-up and sensationalized based on hearsay and isolated events.

I will add that a few years ago, NB had a growing problem with drug abuse, particularly Heroin, like many small town in the area. One theory was that they got pushed out of the bigger cities and into the smaller towns. There were places close to town where small camps of homeless drug abusers would gather. However, the town of NB contracted with the town of Snoqualmie for police service. The police service was previously provided by King County Sheriff and they were stretched thin. The Snoqualmie PD has made an incredible difference with regards to those camps and any associated drug users. They have s strong presence, zero tolerance and have become very integrated in the community, starting with the police chief himself. I dont think you could find a safer town in Western Washington today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area