Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 12:59 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
Washington State needs people coming here "to get high as a kite" about as much as a fish needs a bicycle.
How different is that from people going to California for the wine tasting or Germany for beer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitoUK View Post
yet it is totally fine to walk into a QFC, buy a bottle of Whisky and drink yourself into a stupor. As long as he stays out of my way he can get high as a kite as much as he wants. He would even support the local economy by doing so.
I can understand that if they want to stay blasted fine, as long as they are not breaking any laws or bothering other people and they are also stimulating the local economy with the "munchies"

Old 11-19-2012, 01:04 AM

Does anyone think that it is odd that the OP has enough disposable income to just fly to Washington just to get high? I guess the economy is not as bad as people say it is.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:40 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Does anyone think that it is odd that the OP has enough disposable income to just fly to Washington just to get high? I guess the economy is not as bad as people say it is.
LOL

I suspect the OP was just talking out of his bong....er, I mean butt.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
LOL

I suspect the OP was just talking out of his bong....er, I mean butt.
It is interesting that some people put such an emphasis on jobs and money but puts a halt to it all when it comes to someone else's morality

Old 11-19-2012, 06:00 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times
Default Indeed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
Hmmm.... Seems to me we have just invited a whole new agricultural industry in our state. Everybody on a farm in Eastern Washington will be growing pot. Goodby, grapes and the wine industry, goodby hops and the beer industry. All the farmer's will now be able to make millions on a new crop. And growing marajana will be cheaper to produce then wine or beer. I think I'll move back to the Yakima Valley, buy a small farm and I'm all set up for life.: ok:
it all appears to be very promising, however, please note that you may be competing with a criminal element and it could turn out to be a nightmare, or worse.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

California’s growing marijuana business impacting agriculture
Marijuana flourishing in California’s agricultural valleys

California prides itself on feeding America.

It also has the dubious distinction of being America’s biggest dope supplier.
Approximately 75 percent of the marijuana sold in the U.S. is grown in California — not Mexico, according to Sgt. Mike Horne of the Ventura County (Calif.) Sheriff's Department narcotics bureau. Horne heads a six-man commando-like unit that uses helicopters and rugged all-terrain vehicles to search and destroy marijuana growing operations in the national forest of his county.

California

California Department of Food & Agriculture

Encycloweedia

Old 11-19-2012, 12:59 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,563,763 times
Quote:
How different is that from people going to California for the wine tasting or Germany for beer?
its outside dollars coming in. Bringing in more dollars that do not come from the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. Gotta see the BIG picture.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
its outside dollars coming in. Bringing in more dollars that do not come from the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. Gotta see the BIG picture.

Ok, I just think that it is funny that many of the so-called teaparty types are all for states rightd until it comes down to something that they don't like

Old 11-20-2012, 12:07 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
Quote:
People don't go to California to get "drunk as a skunk", because they can buy Thunderbird or Mad Dog 20-20 in any state. They go on wine tasting tours because they appreciate fine wine, etc, and the getting drunk is just a byproduct.
If the thread here had been titled something different, like "I'm ready to sample the many fine varieties of marijuana" it would've sounded better. Instead, it came off more as " I'm coming to your state to get plastered and walk around in a stupor."
I think marijuana is pretty readily available all over the country, so you won't have to come to WA state to find it. Yes, it might be the only place( besides Colorado) to find it at an AM-PM mini mart, but I just don't think consumption is going to increase dramatically just because it's legal.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:30 PM

59 posts, read 224,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_to_seattle View Post
He was complaining about the people here and then you respond with a comment like that?
Then you probably wonder why people say that sort of thing.

How do you explain the fact that there are less churches here then any other place in the US?
That doesn't mean people are less moral here, but I think there is enough evidence that someone could make the case that people are less religious here. whether that means less morals not sure.
If religion is what bestows morals upon a person, someone ought to have a word with those who flew the planes into the Word Trade Center. Or perhaps a word with Anders Behring Breivik, the Norwegian who killed 77 people. Or maybe the members of the Westboro Baptist Church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area