Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2012, 10:59 PM

21 posts, read 49,909 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We're currently renting in Lakemont, and my eldest child goes to Cougar Ridge. We like it here so far, the commute hasn't seemed too, too bad yet (altho everyone warns me it will only get worse when winter hits) and my husband seems to find the bike ride in to SLU ok so far (if not a little hilly! LOL). I also like that it's close enough to the big box stores and kids' activities in Issaquah. Oh, and the Coal Creek Y is awesome!

However, since we're renting, I'm keeping my options open as to where we might eventually buy. Obviously it would be great to stay in this area so that my child doesn't have to switch schools again. But given that inventory seems to be scarce everywhere, I wanted to get some feedback on Enatai and Somerset elementaries as alternative options.

We're focusing on these 2 since it makes the bike commute shorter for the hubby. After driving around, I really like the Sammamish Plateau and Kirkland but unfortunately those would make the ride pretty much infeasible for him.

I've poked around a bit and the only thing I've read so far is that Somerset seems to have a bit of segregation going on in terms of the asian kids hanging out with the asian kids and the white kids hanging out with the white kids... I'm not quite sure what to think of that and if that's true.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 03:04 AM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,393 times
I don't have any recent/current experience with Enatai E., but I am an alumna =) I turned out pretty well, if I say so myself. I think my mom would agree.

Enatai is a nice community, and the Triangle Swim Club in the summer is lots of fun. It would be easy for your husband to hop on I-90 from there.

Somerset is nice, but of course it's very steep so I'm not sure how good that would be for a bike commute. Also, when it snows in the Seattle area Somerset is one of the first spots to see it, and the hill is pretty much inaccessible until it melts. But Lakewood is the same way.

Both elementaries have good reputations.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:42 PM

21 posts, read 49,909 times
thanks for the input! yeah enatai would be the best place in bellevue (short of mercer island, i guess) to ride in to work for him. now it's back to tracking real estate trends!

lakemont's pretty hilly too... it amazes me how some of these houses are perched on streets so steep that it would be impossible to leave the house if it's icy!

Old 11-25-2012, 04:39 PM

192 posts, read 423,843 times
Thanks for this post! We are looking at those elementary school as well. We are moving back and were hoping to live in Lakemont again. We loved it and loved the walkability to Mathews and Starbucks. Good luck with your search! We are looking for a rental though until we get there and decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area