Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 02:59 AM

31 posts, read 55,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
I think 8-10 Million is a little higher than I would expect. So much depends on the economy and whether the tech economy and Boeing can grow significantly more jobs. Because of the lay of the puget sound and mountains to the east as well as Lake Washington, it's difficult and costly to develop neighborhoods and Seattle doesn't have the infrastructure to handle a sizable traffic increase.

If you count Snohomish down to Thurston, I think someone said that would be 4.6 Million...my guess is about 50% growth to about 7 Million so pretty clsoe to that lower number in your projection...jmo
Sorry I don't know why you and others keep saying that. I must not understand something. There appears to be a ton of room for growth like west of Everett etc. etc. I look at google maps and drive around that area and juts outside of Puget sound to the Northeast there appears to be a ton of room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 07:14 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
West of Everett? Are you in scuba gear? There is not a lot of room for growth in the Seattle metro, mostly density. You could go into the outer perimeter which is already happening. Fifteen years ago Duvall was talked about as a suburb the way it is today. At the same time, if you are looking at building the outskirts (Puyallup is an example) those areas make for long commutes. Arlington of 2050 would probably be Lake Stevens of today. That would not make that area more desirable, just more affordable. To make that workable you would need mass transit. And an oversight committee that would be relentless in protecting what could potentially be wrecked if not developed carefully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area