Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 08:49 PM

779 posts, read 1,660,058 times

Advertisements

Greetings from Texas where we're complaining it's cold because we finally got into the 30's for the first time this year sarcasm...

1 year anniversary with my wife is nearing and she is set on Seattle. I suppose a friend told her it was a fun place to visit, so now she's wanting to go. Visit will be in late Jan, early Feb.

Having never been there i'm looking for places to stay. I've done some research and found places like the Edgewater and possibly the Westin downtown, but outside of what Expedia and such sites, what other places are there to stay that y'all (yeah I went there) would suggest?

Looking for something a little plush (ex. we stayed in a suite in Vail for our honeymoon).
I'm also looking for things to do during the stay, so if you have that chime away, but primarily i'm here for a place to stay first.

I'm all ears, so give me so help if you can.

(edit) need somewhere near the city for attractions. Cab or walking distance since I have no experience driving in snow or ice.

Last edited by nismospec; 12-11-2012 at 09:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 09:02 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,841,325 times
I've never had the pleasure of staying there, but I've heard really good things about the Inn at the Market.

Inn at the Market: Downtown Seattle Hotel in Pike Place Market

Old 12-11-2012, 09:03 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,067,856 times
Whistler BC

Old 12-11-2012, 09:28 PM

If she had her passport, Canada would be an option. I've been just north in BC over in Kamloops. Really nice up there.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:36 PM

1,651 posts, read 2,781,706 times
Willows Lodge in Woodinville is nice, and you're close to Chateau St Michelle and several tasting rooms if you like wine.

There's also Salish Lodge by Snoqualmie Falls. It's not too far from Seattle, yet set in some amazing scenery and a quick drive from hiking and skiing. Their restaurant is really good, and they have a very nice spa.

Both of those options are pretty spendy, but definitely worth it for a special occasion.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:40 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
The Westin is GREAT, and she will be REALLY impressed with room service ... Get a High room that faces the NW (Space needle and Water front). We did a few Westin stays using the Seattle Hotel 'specials' coupons, and those <$100 stays added enough points to book a Westin RESORT for FREE!!

searching this forum will give you LOTS of ideas. I like the Ballard locks on Friday or Sunday after noon. Pike Place Market, & Seattle Center on Saturday morning, Space Needle and a few brew pubs for evening (or a ferry ride back from Bremerton into the Seattle lights). Shopping / Cafes in Fremont,

You won't have to worry about driving in snow.

Enterprise rents for $9.95 weekend rate at NON- airport locations. (Thursday - Monday). just do a day trip, or Sat / Sunday, as westin is SPENDY to park. You can park an 'insured' rental car on the street (free) for Sat or Sunday night. (You can buy a 'rental car' coverage extension on your own policy for ~$10/month (if you don't have FULL coverage anyway)

Old 12-11-2012, 09:47 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,823,064 times
The Pan Pacific hotel or the Four Seasons are really nice . But then again there is 14,000 + hotel rooms downtown. Check out Pike Place Market, Space Needle and the new 20 story ferris wheel on the waterfront if you want to impress. If you stay downtown you can take a tour bus to Tacoma and see the worlds largest car museum . And in Seattle they have the space shuttle trainer at the Museum Of Flight And Space. Or like other people have said you can take a ferry to Victoria Canada from Seattle or a float plane.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:43 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
The Edgewater has small rooms. The Westin's very, very nice, but maybe not exotic enough. I'd recommend one of Seattle's historic places, like the Fairmount Olympic or the Arctic Club or the Sorrento or The Alexis Hotel, all downtown with that luxurious old world charm.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:08 AM

1,979 posts, read 3,524,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayela View Post
Willows Lodge in Woodinville is nice, and you're close to Chateau St Michelle and several tasting rooms if you like wine.

There's also Salish Lodge by Snoqualmie Falls. It's not too far from Seattle, yet set in some amazing scenery and a quick drive from hiking and skiing. Their restaurant is really good, and they have a very nice spa.

Both of those options are pretty spendy, but definitely worth it for a special occasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
The Edgewater has small rooms. The Westin's very, very nice, but maybe not exotic enough. I'd recommend one of Seattle's historic places, like the Fairmount Olympic or the Arctic Club or the Sorrento or The Alexis Hotel, all downtown with that luxurious old world charm.
All of these are romantic and plush. I came here to recommend the same hotels. You can add Hotel Vintage Park, too, which is a Kimpton hotel downtown.

ETA: If you want a cool hotel - rather than romantic - Hotel 1000 is a good one.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:51 AM

Information overload, love it! Thanks for the recommendations. I have a lot of homework to do later with all of the recommendations listed above, but keep it coming should anything else cross your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area