U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,450 times

Advertisements

Hi! We are a family of three (with 2 small dogs and a cat) moving to Bainbridge Island this spring (2013). We love it there so very much, and have been looking for a reasonably priced SF home to buy for a long time. Since I have been blessed with a very particular wife, the home search has been "tedious" for lack of a better word.

So, I figure that renting would probably be the best option until we get somewhat acclimated to the area, and wait for our perfect home......or buy land and build.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to find something for rent? We have been looking on all the usual sites, (zillow, Craigslist) with not a lot of luck. We would need a 3 BR 2+ bath, with a fenced yard.

Thank you very much in advance......and look forward to meeting some great people on our new home soon.

M
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 12:40 PM

1,632 posts, read 3,637,339 times
My experience (and other family members) with home rental is the best rentals are found by driving around where you want to live, looking for rental signs - or by knowing someone who knows someone. Unfortunately, the pets may limit your selection dramatically.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:57 PM

260 posts, read 723,927 times
You could call a realtor on the island to get some ideas but on Realtor.com they have one on Patmos and that is a nice location. I also saw a rental sign for a home/condo on Shanti lane the other day and that is a nice place. Don't know how you find out about it though. If I drive by I will let you know at a later date.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:10 PM

5,075 posts, read 9,998,139 times
I'm surprised you haven't found a place. There seem to be a lot of relatively inexpensive homes for sale on Bainbridge. Some of the stale 100+day listings over there would have sold in a week if they were in Seattle. Different market I suppose.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:15 PM

43 posts, read 40,474 times
Default Buying in Kitsap County

I have relatives and a few friends scattered around from Seattle North to Woodinville and to Edmonds.
However, my wife and I are planning to buy something in Kitsap County area and we hope to get a pretty decent home for no more than $320000. We have long lived in CA and wondered your favorite places there. We, of course, will drive around our next trip up. Be much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcalgal View Post
You could call a realtor on the island to get some ideas but on Realtor.com they have one on Patmos and that is a nice location. I also saw a rental sign for a home/condo on Shanti lane the other day and that is a nice place. Don't know how you find out about it though. If I drive by I will let you know at a later date.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:03 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
36,906 posts, read 67,237,512 times
Bainbridge Island has many more houses for sale than for rent. They are priced well below Seattle and the eastside, but if you really need to rent first it's going to take time, and be very hard to do without being here unless you are OK with a condo. You might have better luck in Poulsbo, just 20 minutes farther out.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:16 PM

7,510 posts, read 6,618,038 times
With the interest rates so good, you may want to take a serious look at buying sooner than later. If you are set on renting, I suggest getting "local". Bainbridge is a connected community, very much so. Walk the adorable downtown core, walk into the travel book store, go to the barber shop, talk to people, look at the "old school" bulletin boards, smile and you'll find a place. I have a number of friends and clients who have chosen to buy homes and stay on Bainbridge, all of them love it. I would PLEAD with you, please buy an existing home rather than build one. There are some great, reasonably affordable homes for even the most picky buyer. The building process is full of terrible frustration and more money than most people imagine.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:05 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,900,372 times
I tend to see the most Bainbridge rentals on HotPads - Find Houses and Apartments for Rent with Map-based Search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area