Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 10:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
That's why some people are not crazy about heavily promoting the area. It's not like we are lacking in newcomers, it's crazy. Did you see all the out of state plates? They're coming from everywhere. Yes some of it can be blamed on Amazon and I hope they are not packing the area only to retract at a later date but many are coming with nothing more than a dream. Thank goodness for the rain and clouds or it would be worse.

By the way, you might check out the furniture stores around Alderwood Mall, I think there are several of them around 196th off 5.
Can you please tell me about the Amazon thing? I am moving to Seattle because I have family there, AND I shop at AMAZON insanely, AND know it is Headquartered there, but ?? what's the deal, are they hiring? Sending out positive vibes, or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 12:15 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Amazon is going through a lot of growth right now. You'll see on this page that Amazon has their own hiring thread with recommendations and suggestions on how to go through the process. There is information broadly available online about their growth, locations around South Lake Union, even their dog policy.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:43 PM

2 posts, read 1,857 times
I had amazing experience with Costless Warehouse Furniture in Tukwila. Lots of cool options hard to find else where.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:23 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,525,929 times
Consign Design in Interbay has some very nice stuff. Also Belle Ochio another one is down the street. Both are consignment but Consign Design also has some new stuff that is very reasonable. I was at Consign Design this week and they had a new cream colored sectional that was very nice for about $800. A few times I have seen some consign furniture I felt was priced too high and offered a lower price. They usually accepted my offer. Both have lots of inventory. Worth a look.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:23 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,054,460 times
Two more furniture wins since last year!

Sansaco Furniture in Tukwila is awesome. The place is kind of hidden but once you find it it's HUUUUGE (and they're moving into an even bigger warehouse), the prices are decent, good quality. Can't take most of the stuff with you, though. The Macy's Furniture Clearance in Southcenter is also a great place for the occasional super score (specifically sofas and sets, tables and rugs). I got a gorgeous chaise there, mint condition, on their website currently for $600 - I paid $250.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area