Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 09:21 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,271,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjinla View Post
What elementary, middle and high schools would we be looking at? We have 3 kids so I kind of dismissed Seattle public schools assuming they were not as good or well funded as the east side.

Do kids play in the streets there? We come from a kids all play in the street cul de sac filled with relatively young kids and definitely want to stay in that environment.
In much of Magnolia, the schools would be Catherine Blaine K-8, McClure Middle School, and Ballard HS.
Seattle does have some bad schools. But it also has some gems, and most of the schools in Queen Anne, Magnolia, and Ballard are quite good. You might not like the houses in those neighborhoods, they might be too old, the lot sizes might be too small. But the schools are good. Magnolia homes tend to be newer than Queen Anne homes, and have larger lot sizes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 10:11 PM

19 posts, read 49,197 times
I lived in West Seattle for 10 years and commuted to Issaquah/Sammamish for work. West Seattle is further away than Queen Anne. It took me 35 minutes on a good day (early morning commute) and 1 hour on a really bad rainy, Mariner game day.

I teach in the Issaquah School District as an elementary teacher. Issaquah SD is one of the best around. I've worked for Kent and Bellevue as well. The city of Sammamish is a nice upper income, yet cookie cutter neighborhoods. There are some beautiful upper (million/s) income homes there too. Sammamish has two school districts: Issaquah and Lake Washington. Both are excellent.

I live in an area called Klahanie which is right next to Sammamish-just a few blocks. We love it here because of all the parks, neighborhood pools, gas station/grocery, etc. in the development. Wonderful walking/biking trails criss cross the development.

If you're looking to buy the houses range from 400k to 6ook. We rent a 3+bedroom for $1900/month.

This area (Sammamish & Issaquah) has so many lakes that you can fish or boat or swim in. If you want the "country life" you can drop down the plateau on the backside and be in Carnation, Duvall or Fall City within minutes.

The only place I would caution you against is living in The Highlands. VERY crowded. I used to teach at the school up there and it was so overcrowded that now all the kindergartens are bussed to two different area schools.

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area