Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2013, 08:09 PM

127 posts, read 208,598 times

Advertisements

Hey i'm bringing my scooter out there from NY and i wanted to know if there was anything extra i should know about riding in that area. thing's like where not to park, where to lock to, how are cops with giving out tickets for parking weird to be able to lock up, tires you guys use, weird laws i may not know about. Any extra info is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 05:21 PM

6,031 posts, read 6,105,844 times
Guess about 90% of what you asked is covered in DMV handbooks and similar: laws, rules, etc.

As for "tires" and etc., try Honda forums or whatever you're talking about in-detail.

One thing to know is better have good lights and keep cognizant of traffic zones when it is pouring rain and/or gray half the year: you can't go offensive on a scooter, one reason I stopped riding them after age 16. Motorcycles can at least go faster than cars (escape and evade), though I try and keep the urban riding to a minimum due to heavy traffic, nasty wet roads, and the bother of gear-up/gear-down considering you'd better be 99% waterproof or else end up very, very pi55ed off.

Usually it's just not worth it, c. November - April: that's what buses are for.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:57 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,287 posts, read 80,518,848 times
I can say that there are many little scooters parked around the downtown area, all year. The parking is the same as a car, take a space and pay, or get a ticket. Do not try to park on the sidewalk, that will get you a ticket too. If 50cc or under and maximum speed 30 mph capability, you only need a regular license, no motorcycle endorsement. It's considered a moped rather than a motorcycle.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:50 PM

127 posts, read 208,598 times
haha, i have bikes and scooters and all kinds of toys i was just unsure of what i should bring out here. i'm gonna take my bike tho. and btw my class B scooter hits over 55mph, fastest i've been on it was 63mph. i build all my cars and bikes thx for the info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: