Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 04:49 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,831,396 times

Advertisements

You're crazy .. Unless you are referring to Rainier Beach and other ghetto areas.. Trust me, I looked at every area. I work from home, so could live wherever in the area I could afford. The prices around Bellevue, Kirkland and Redmond are considerably lower than any hip area of Seattle, including Capitol Hill, Wallingsford, Fremont, etc.

I settled for the South Sound, as it has nicer scenery and is way cheaper. My commute to Seattle is not bad at all, if I needed to get IT work in either Seattle or Bellevue.

Yeah, its a bit more redneck or ghetto in some parts of the South Sound, but most of the South Sound towns are quite livable and lower in crime than a majority of places in this country with such close proximity to a major city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 09:45 AM

44 posts, read 54,072 times
Default did you move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyeba View Post
As yu may know, I am relocating my family to Seattle this summer, my husband is a union carpenter and will be working mainly in DT Seattle, but could be on the east side a bit as well. So, we basically need to live in a central spot. I've been monitoring commute times with an app, and have narrowed us down to Redmond, Kirkland, or Issaquah. However, I'm really starting to wonder if it would be cheaper to rent in city? Is it possible that the east side is actually more exp?
We want to live somewhere where we will eventually be able to buy a house (kids are going into first grade, we'd like to try to stay in the same district for a few years, whichever district it is that we land in). We are not rich, would probably need a house under 300K, but my hubs can fix it up. I guess I'm used to the NYC set up, where in city is waaaay more expensive than burbs.
Thoughts?
My wants to move and I'm also a union carpenter and would appreciate any positive info
Roland
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area