Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 06:49 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP79 View Post
I couldn't agree more. Actually, give the boot to all white chicks in general and focus on the Asians. That's where true success awaits you.
I've dated too many white girls in Seattle to give them all the boot because many of them have been wonderful ladies. But yes my wife is Asian. WM/AF are a popular coupling in Seattle. Been married for 8 years and life is good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 04:53 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
I couldn't agree more. Actually, give the boot to all white chicks in general and focus on the Asians. That's where true success awaits you.
I hear ya. I just wish I was more attracted to the Asian persuasion, because there isn't any shortage of them here and many are gorgeous, objectively speaking. No, I like my all-American white chicks, but they really are the worst to deal with in many ways. American white women really are about as overly-entitled as it gets, as a group anyway. There are always exceptions of course...at least that's what I want to believe, from a purely self-interested standpoint.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:49 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
I hear ya. I just wish I was more attracted to the Asian persuasion, because there isn't any shortage of them here and many are gorgeous, objectively speaking. No, I like my all-American white chicks, but they really are the worst to deal with in many ways. American white women really are about as overly-entitled as it gets, as a group anyway. There are always exceptions of course...at least that's what I want to believe, from a purely self-interested standpoint.
Wow, another loaded statement. Why do you say this? I am a black dude and most of the girls I dated have been white. No, I'm not rich. In fact half the time, I'm broke. No I don't tip the scale at a 10 in the looks department, probably like a 6. My experience is that white women are perhaps the most open when it comes to dating. I like Asians too but I have a 100% rejection rate with them. There must be something else going on.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:17 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,831,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Wow, another loaded statement. Why do you say this? I am a black dude and most of the girls I dated have been white. No, I'm not rich. In fact half the time, I'm broke. No I don't tip the scale at a 10 in the looks department, probably like a 6. My experience is that white women are perhaps the most open when it comes to dating. I like Asians too but I have a 100% rejection rate with them. There must be something else going on.
I am going to agree with you, but not in a way you may agree with me.. I do believe that Asian American women can be very sharp and antagonizing. It is a strange phenomenon, but Asian American, even other Americans who come from minority backgrounds can be very polarizing and be miserable for relationships. Actually, of American women, I find white, non-Jewish/non-Italian American women to be the most tolerable. There are exceptions to this rule, of course, like women from very religious backgrounds and isolated cultural groups, like Satmar/Charedi Jews or very Orthodox Italian Catholics in New York. However, these are not the type of women most people would date. This is coming from a Jewish guy, with many secular east Coast and Californian Jewish relatives.

And, as I previous said before, white, is a very vague, generic term and white people hail from so many ethnic and cultural backgrounds, but sadly, they are all fused into one category.

Now, I think Asian women from the old country and women who have not been exposed to American culture are actually some of the kindest and respectful women you can find to have a relationship with. It seems like 2nd/3rd generation Asians, as well as other people from foreign backgrounds do everything they can do be the exact opposite of their ancestors/immigrant parents/grandparents, etc.

Most ethnic groups of American white women on the other hand generally have grandparents/parents who come from similar cultural background as them and don't feel any need to prove themselves or rebel against a strict set of morals imposed on them, etc.

This is just my observation and I am sure many won't agree, however, that is the conclusion I have come to through my own assessments.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:36 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
Not "manly" in the sense of a Klingon professional wrestler, but "manly" in the sense of HAVING SOME F^^^^ING CONFIDENCE!

I have been to bars where guys look at girls and talk about how much they want to say hello to them...I do so and they give me this look of shock like I've just wrestled a bear into a headlock armed with nothing but chopsticks. If you have a pair, it's easier in Seattle than a lot of other places.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:55 AM

305 posts, read 450,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Gentoo, sorry bro, Asian women don't date black dudes. Don't ask why, that's just the way it is. If you're having success with white women, who cares? If it ain't broke...

Old 05-28-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Gentoo, sorry bro, Asian women don't date black dudes. Don't ask why, that's just the way it is. If you're having success with white women, who cares? If it ain't broke...
Kinda figured that but you're right. I don't cry over spilled milk. I just do what works best for me. I was just curious, thanks man

Old 05-28-2013, 08:46 AM

Wait, I take back the 100% rejection. I had one Asain girl interested in me but I was in a relationship at the time.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Americans who come from minority backgrounds can be very polarizing and be miserable for relationships. Actually, of American women, I find white, non-Jewish/non-Italian American women to be the most tolerable.
Why am I agreeing with this? Well with most of it. Not sure on the choice of words used but you are going somewhere at least here. Let me finish reading.
Quote:
And, as I previous said before, white, is a very vague, generic term and white people hail from so many ethnic and cultural backgrounds, but sadly, they are all fused into one category.
That's because white Americans tend to assimilate into American Culture, therefore it's frustrating to try and separate them further.
Quote:
Now, I think Asian women from the old country and women who have not been exposed to American culture are actually some of the kindest and respectful women you can find to have a relationship with.
Eh, maybe. A lot of these people bring their social hang-ups with them.
Quote:
This is just my observation and I am sure many won't agree, however, that is the conclusion I have come to through my own assessments.
Well on this point, it doesn't matter whether me or others agree or not. I've learned that how a person forms their opinions is a very personal thing. It has to do with where they've lived, their age and lifestyle including where they have worked. My whole view on stuff like this is completely out in left field compared to most people's. However I worked for almost two decades at a job where I encountered thousands of people every year and worked with people ranging from 16 to 75. Everyone brings something different to the table.

Each region seems to have it's own flavor of diversity and how it displays it. The PNW is a bit more subdued, less flashy than a place like LA but is also less segregated than LA.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:21 AM

872 posts, read 2,029,793 times
This thread didn't take long to turn into a classic. hahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area