Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2013, 06:51 PM

1 posts, read 970 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My wife and I love the pacific northwest and are now toying with the idea of relocating to Seattle. I'm 48 and a BS level analytical chemist (mostly mass spectrometry and FTIR...industrial) while my wife is 40 and has a BS in Chemical Engineering and a MS in material science. She has quite a bit of technical management experience in product delivery and the last 5 years or so has been on the business side of things involved in finance and now procurement. We both work at the same fortune 500 company in upstate NY and have been there most of our careers. Times they are a changing however, and my job in particular looks like it's days could be numbered. My sense is that my wife could probably find a good job in Seattle pretty quickly but I'm a bit more skeptical about my own chances. My lack of pharma experience in particular seems like it would be a problem. Boeing is the obvious Seattle corollary for my current job but it does not seem like there are tremendous numbers of analytical jobs at Boeing. If anybody is familiar with the Seattle market for non-computer related engineering and science jobs in general (and analytical chemistry jobs in particular) any comments would be appreciated. Indeed and other jobs sites do not seem particularly encouraging.

THX...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area