Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 11:36 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlw2009 View Post
I figured, does anyone like them?
Plenty of fans in the East Bay and LA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 12:29 PM

290 posts, read 288,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'd agree that the homelessness in Seattle is worse than most parts of the Bay Area. In Seattle, the homeless are in several neighborhoods, while in Berkeley, they're only downtown and around the SW side of the university, which is adjacent to downtown. And even then, they're generally concentrated within a couple of blocks of downtown. In Seattle, they're all over downtown, as mentioned above, they're in the U District, and Ballard. And they're aggressive wherever you encounter them. They follow students onto the university campus and threaten them or try to grab them. This is rare, on the UC campus in Berkeley.

The last time I was in San Francisco, the homeless were miraculously gone from downtown, though I think this has changed. Still, in SF, they're pretty much confined to a couple of neighborhoods. There aren't large numbers of them scattered all over town, as in Seattle.

Seattle used to have a law against aggressive panhandling, but I gather from this forum that it's off the books now...? They should bring it back.
It's not off the books, but it's not being enforced either. At a recent mayoral candidate forum, Councilmember Bruce Harrell siad that of 18,000 "pedestrian interference" incidents, there were only 20 arrests.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:35 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,551,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlw2009 View Post
Well I think as a whole Seattle's judges let pretty much any criminal walk free. Hell, a group of kids killed someone and then 2 of them killed someone else and all they are looking at is 20 years I believe.

Its pathetic.

Read the Seattle Times today, two losers pimping out girls in fife, theyve already been convicted before and with other charges...yet, here they are!
Sometimes the news can be very timely. This article talks about a home invader who was released because the detectives didn't provide a completed case file to the prosecutor. There is uncertainty as to whether the guy has a mental illness or was just faking it. Nonetheless, a person goes through a window and enters someone's home while people were inside, he is arrested and had to be released because the detectives didn't do their paperwork. Go figure that the property crime rate is attrocious Burglar wearing scrubs found inside Wallingford home | KING5.com Seattle

But then again, another timely article reports an impressive drop of 19% over 10 year averages in property crime. http://www.komonews.com/news/local/A...211191561.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area