Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 11:46 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,925,869 times

Advertisements

Me and my friend plan on staying at the motel 6 in Kirkland. The days we are going to be in seattle most other hotels are booked and the available hotels are around $300 a night. We are only paying $65 a night at motel 6 kirkland.

I noticed that there is a bus a few blocks from the hotel that goes to downtown seattle from Kirkland.

We wont be renting a car.

On a friday night we will be arriving from Portland,Oregon via Greyhound bus. Our bus arrives at 11pm.

How much will a taxi cost from downtown Seattle to Motel 6 kirkland at 11pm friday?

Is this a pain to stay in kirkland and take the bus to seattle every day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 01:02 AM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Me and my friend plan on staying at the motel 6 in Kirkland. The days we are going to be in seattle most other hotels are booked and the available hotels are around $300 a night. We are only paying $65 a night at motel 6 kirkland.

I noticed that there is a bus a few blocks from the hotel that goes to downtown seattle from Kirkland.

We wont be renting a car.

On a friday night we will be arriving from Portland,Oregon via Greyhound bus. Our bus arrives at 11pm.

How much will a taxi cost from downtown Seattle to Motel 6 kirkland at 11pm friday?

Is this a pain to stay in kirkland and take the bus to seattle every day?
It won't be a pain - there is lots of bus access to Seattle from Kirkland - but it won't be as convenient as if you were staying in downtown Seattle and could walk to everything. Note that if the bus you're looking at says it stops at a Park & Ride or 405 Fwy stop, that actually is quite a walk, and it's uphill. Maybe there's one that stops on 124th, which would be better, but I know there are lots of buses that stop at the P&R, which may look like it's only a few blocks away on a map but I wouldn't say is super convenient in actuality.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
It won't be a pain - there is lots of bus access to Seattle from Kirkland - but it won't be as convenient as if you were staying in downtown Seattle and could walk to everything. Note that if the bus you're looking at says it stops at a Park & Ride or 405 Fwy stop, that actually is quite a walk, and it's uphill. Maybe there's one that stops on 124th, which would be better, but I know there are lots of buses that stop at the P&R, which may look like it's only a few blocks away on a map but I wouldn't say is super convenient in actuality.
The bus stops infront of QFC and Olive Garden restuarant

Old 07-01-2013, 10:34 AM

507 posts, read 1,669,051 times
According to Google Maps the 255 takes about 50 min to Downtown Seattle. Personally I would not do it if there are any other options. I'd rather stay in some run-down hostel in Seattle rather than Kirkland. You'll just spend too much time on the bus. The direct connection to downtown might be doable but it depends on you if you want to spend 2h every day on the bus. But if you don't want to go to downtown you'll have to take more buses and you'll spend more time on public transport than looking at things. The bus system in Seattle is ok but not great, so you'll often have to wait for a while and connections are not always great.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:39 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,148,398 times
Quote:
The bus stops infront of QFC and Olive Garden restuarant
LOL: that particular Motel 6, in Totem Lake (Kirkland), is a bit shady by-reputation. TripAdvisor has a bit more on that. Presumably there is a compelling reason to stay in Kirkland vs. nearer downtown or SeaTac? There are plenty of semi-shady hotels near SeaTac (the airport, and city) at similar rates if that is more convenient. I would guess accessing downtown from SeaTac area is easier.

Otherwise, the bus stop in question (QFC/Olive Garden, on 124th) is across the freeway and down the street from the Motel 6 in Totem Lake. A modest walk, half mile or so. You'll be on the 255 line downtown. I take the 255 to University TC downtown, from Kirkland TC (downtown), from time to time. There are various other stops in Seattle and Eastside, too.

There is a train, the Sounder, that comes up from the airport (SeaTac) to University TC. Might want to explore the Sounder to University, then 255 to Kirkland. No idea if that runs late as 11PM. Google maps can plan a route for you, if you'll enter the variables.

Another option is the shuttle companies. I take limos from one of them on business and personal, to/from SeaTac airport to Kirkland, couple times per year. There are vans at less cost. Guessing the latter is $55 from airport to Eastside: get a quote, don't hold me to it. Can't imagine taking a cab anywhere is anything less than (quite) expensive.

Old 12-13-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
LOL: that particular Motel 6, in Totem Lake (Kirkland), is a bit shady by-reputation. TripAdvisor has a bit more on that. Presumably there is a compelling reason to stay in Kirkland vs. nearer downtown or SeaTac? There are plenty of semi-shady hotels near SeaTac (the airport, and city) at similar rates if that is more convenient. I would guess accessing downtown from SeaTac area is easier.

Otherwise, the bus stop in question (QFC/Olive Garden, on 124th) is across the freeway and down the street from the Motel 6 in Totem Lake. A modest walk, half mile or so. You'll be on the 255 line downtown. I take the 255 to University TC downtown, from Kirkland TC (downtown), from time to time. There are various other stops in Seattle and Eastside, too.

There is a train, the Sounder, that comes up from the airport (SeaTac) to University TC. Might want to explore the Sounder to University, then 255 to Kirkland. No idea if that runs late as 11PM. Google maps can plan a route for you, if you'll enter the variables.

Another option is the shuttle companies. I take limos from one of them on business and personal, to/from SeaTac airport to Kirkland, couple times per year. There are vans at less cost. Guessing the latter is $55 from airport to Eastside: get a quote, don't hold me to it. Can't imagine taking a cab anywhere is anything less than (quite) expensive.
I stayed at that motel 6 for almost a month in July 2015 when I moved to Seattle. Know I live in an apartment in Northgate Seattle.

Old 12-13-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post

I stayed at that motel 6 for almost a month in July 2015 when I moved to Seattle. Now I live in an apartment in Northgate Seattle.

Old 12-13-2015, 03:29 PM

278 posts, read 336,034 times
TS, how much did it cost you staying at that motel 6 for almost a month?

Quote:
I stayed at that motel 6 for almost a month in July 2015 when I moved to Seattle. Now I live in an apartment in Northgate Seattle.

Old 12-13-2015, 06:40 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times
Aurora Ave N in Seattle has some equally affordable, somewhat shady motels and much better Seattle access.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo99 View Post
TS, how much did it cost you staying at that motel 6 for almost a month?
In July 2015 I paid $2,500 for one month at motel 6 kirkalnd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area